Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Oct 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando-blues
Excited about Disney

Mobile Car hire or no car hire 🤷

We have just booked flights for next May flying to lax for a week then internal flights for 11 nights in Orlando.
Looking at hotels in LA the parking charges are eye watering especially for the nicer hotels which I’m hoping my ihg employee rate helps to stay somewhere nice 🤞
Is it possible to have a week in LA without hiring a car? We do have to go to San Diego for 2 days for my sons Gf graduation but I was thinking of getting the train and taking just hand luggage. Is it ok to see the touristy places without car hire or should we just factor in possibly $300 in hotel parking fees. Thank you
Old 2 Oct 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
It’s perfectly doable, we had a fab time when we did it.
Stayed in Anaheim and did Disney for first few nights and then took a cab to our Hollywood hotel. Not the most exciting place to stay but it was excellent interns of getting to where we wanted to visit. The HOHO buses run from there so we got a pass and then saw all the tourist locations that way, including Santa Monica. We then took the subway to visit universal.
We didn’t feel like we missed anything and it was easy to do.
Lots of folk say take a car but we didn’t feel we needed to. I guess think about what you want to see and work it out for your self….
Old 4 Oct 21, 05:40 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

If you stay somewhere like Burbank, there are generally no car park charges (also no posh hotels though, but they are nice). It’s a great area to stay - near the subway, only a few miles from universal, Hollywood I think is about 7 miles - we drove and parked in the shopping centre, but you can go by train, and a mile or two from Warner bros. It’s a safe, quiet (compared to the main Hollywood bit) area, with lots of nice restaurants. Hollywood to Disney can take a while to get to, as the traffic is very bad, so I’d recommend a few nights in Anaheim if you’re planning to go there.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List