Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Oct 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Disneyland Hotel recommendation

Can anybody please recommend a clean and reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of the parks please.

Also where is the best place for buying the park tickets. Do I need to pay for the max pass part of it at the parks separate or when I buy the tickets here

thanks in advance

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

On the ticket side, MaxPass is being replaced by Genie+, same as at WDW. So I don't think it can be purchased at the moment. You should be able to add it either to full length of ticket or buy on the day though. I would buy them directly from Disney as there's no real saving going through a third party.

For hotels, recommend reading through George's recent thread, lots of recommendations there:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1200039

Edited at 08:26 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Best Western Park Place Inn is right opposite the entrance and you can usually find really good deals if you shop around. I booked directly with BW then cancelled and rebooked when I found a discount code with ebookers/Expedia. I just kept chopping and changing and saved a little bit of money each time!

Just to add - I never actually stayed there because covid interrupted our holiday and we had to fly home early, but I’ll definitely rebook it when we go next time
kateb78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Candy cane inn is great! It’s currently being renovated - due to reopen in spring. Check their Facebook, and tripadvisor.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

We’ve previously stayed at the Clarion Hotel which is in walking distance to the parks. From memory it probably took 15/20 minutes “door to door.” Although it was clean we probably wouldn’t return. For next year we’ve booked Desert Palms, mainly due to the fact that we need three separate beds, this is closer than the Clarion and the decor looks a bit nicer.
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I've found it incredibly difficult in choosing the hotel! I currently have the Howard Johnson Anaheim booked no deposit but may well change it. Lots aren't available to book yet for our dates in August. It's definitely the case you can book much later than WDW. I'm really considering Hyatt House at Anaheim Convention center as there is more around the area. I'm not sure a motel is for us. There are loads available at a good price but really want the internal corridors of hotel. Courtyard Theme Park Entrance looks good but isn't far off the cost of one of the Disney hotels.

It's a tough choice😃

Edited at 12:58 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Booking a decent hotel near DL is a bit of conundrum.

I have booked Anaheim Marriott £136 a night in August 2022.

The 4 Star hotels Hilton/Marriott charge for Internet Access around $15 a day unless you book direct using their memberships.

The Candy Cane is not available to book as it is being refurbed.

Don't really fancy the motels though. The cheap Best Westerns some of them don't have a safe in the room.

The Hyatt House/Hojo are currently expensive. Hojo is £200 a night.

My target list is the Marriot/Hilton, Hyatt, Hojo, Desert Palms and Candy Cane.

Edited at 02:14 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Booking a decent hotel near DL is a bit of conundrum.

I have booked Anaheim Marriott £136 a night in August 2022.

The 4 Star hotels Hilton/Marriott charge for Internet Access around $15 a day unless you book direct using their memberships.

The Candy Cane is not available to book as it is being refurbed.

Don't really fancy the motels though. The cheap Best Westerns some of them don't have a safe in the room.

The Hyatt House/Hojo are currently expensive. Hojo is £200 a night.

My target list is the Marriot/Hilton, Hyatt, Hojo, Desert Palms and Candy Cane.
I’m looking forward to seeing how the refurb at the Candy Cane looks. It always gets positive reviews but don’t think it’s ready until March so not sure when you’d be able to book.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I’m looking forward to seeing how the refurb at the Candy Cane looks. It always gets positive reviews but don’t think it’s ready until March so not sure when you’d be able to book.
Yes. It looked quite good and with a refurb hopefully even better. It is close to DL, has a free shuttle, free breakfast and prices seemed reasonable.
The latest info I can find on their facebook page.
'Our new reopening time frame is spring 2022
but will be taking tentative reservation beginning Jan 1st.'

It will be interesting to see if they increase their prices up to £200+ to pay for the refurb.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
Yes. It looked quite good and with a refurb hopefully even better. It is close to DL, has a free shuttle, free breakfast and prices seemed reasonable.
The latest info I can find on their facebook page.
'Our new reopening time frame is spring 2022
but will be taking tentative reservation beginning Jan 1st.'

It will be interesting to see if they increase their prices up to £200+ to pay for the refurb.
I didn’t see that about Jan 1st. I plan on making a final decision on my hotel early in the new year so that may fit in nicely if I manage to see some pics of the refurb.