Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I've booked direct for June 2022. It could change by then but at the moment it's expected to run.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Once in Paris. What's the best way to DLP.
Which route or line is best.
Can you book a return over 5 days.
There are lots of YouTube videos showing you the exact route. It’s not too bad.

First you need to get your RER tickets from the machine (I think Eurostar may be giving you these if they have switched you). From memory it’s about 8 Euros each way per adult.

Then you follow the signs for RER B (blue) direction Robinson or Remy-les-Chevreuses (easy to remember, Robinsons Tree House and Remy both have a DLP connection). Go one stop to Chatelet les Halles.

When you get off, the A line (red) goes from the platform right in front of you. You will see the information board listing the stations and if it stops at Marne-la-Vallee there will be a light next to the name. It takes about 45 minutes.

If you can avoid rush hour it’s an easy enough journey.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There are lots of YouTube videos showing you the exact route. It’s not too bad.

First you need to get your RER tickets from the machine (I think Eurostar may be giving you these if they have switched you). From memory it’s about 8 Euros each way per adult.

Then you follow the signs for RER B (blue) direction Robinson or Remy-les-Chevreuses (easy to remember, Robinsons Tree House and Remy both have a DLP connection). Go one stop to Chatelet les Halles.

When you get off, the A line (red) goes from the platform right in front of you. You will see the information board listing the stations and if it stops at Marne-la-Vallee there will be a light next to the name. It takes about 45 minutes.

If you can avoid rush hour it’s an easy enough journey.
Thankyou so much. Seems easy enough. I hope.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
I did the change at Lille in September, it was fine just a little rushed. If I did the train again I’d go the GdN and then the RER route.

But next time will prob fly!
Depends on the train. On our first time it was the same platform and we had a 40 minute wait, so nipped up to the cafe and back down again in plenty of time.

Second time we had to walk to Lille Flandres 10 minutes up the road. We had about an hour between trains so no rush.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

We've done indirect lots (by choice for timings or cost) in the past and if I had the option I'd chose to change at Lille over going via Paris for ease, but both are fine!
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Why have they cancelled the direct trains from London to Disneyland?

I know they cancelled Ashford etc but why direct from London?
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
There has never been much demand for them. They only ran once a day on certain days of the week. The indirect or Gare du Nord trains are much cheaper and get you there earlier.
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvFlorida6056
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There has never been much demand for them. They only ran once a day on certain days of the week. The indirect or Gare du Nord trains are much cheaper and get you there earlier.
Interesting, you are probably right about demand but we booked a few months ago for direct train from London (still awaiting cancellation from Eurostar by the way) on 17th December coming back 22nd managed to get tickets but were told it was nearly fully booked as were other dates around that time, could there be other reasons for no direct trains I wonder, I did mention on another thread if Disney subsidised the route to some extent and have now pulled the plug. Also the price we paid is virtually the same direct to Gare du Nord plus RER on their website right now so no great saving.
LuvFlorida6056 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

I've travelled by Eurostar for 2 trips, so 4 journeys. Each time the trains were full. Someone was even sat with us at the table the last time on our way out, as there was 3 of us, and their friend was sat with a stranger behind us. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

We were booked direct to DLP going out on 15th December. Has anyone received any communication from Eurostar regarding the change? My booking is still showing direct going out on the 15th but has changed on the return date to Gare du Nord. No email regarding the change and the website informs me I am unable to make changes online - it also informs me not to ring them!
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List