Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Oct 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
BA update..might be of interest to some

This just popped up from BA on my Social media page... States by December...

We can't wait to bring our A380s back in November as part of our biggest schedule change since March 2020, with additional services to popular destinations across the globe.

We are set to fly to more destinations than any other transatlantic carrier and by December will be operating:

✈️ Up to 56 flights per week to New York
✈️ 14 flights per week to Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington, Dallas, Miami and Toronto
✈️ 7 flights per week to Philadelphia, Phoenix, Seattle, Atlanta, Denver, Houston and Vancouver
✈️ Re-starting routes to Austin, Orlando, Tampa, San Diego, Las Vegas, Baltimore, Nashville and New Orleans
✈️ 12 flights per week to Barbados
✈️ 10 per week to the Maldives, 6 per week to Mauritius
✈️ 9 per week to both Antigua and St Lucia
✈️ 64 per week to Amsterdam from London Heathrow and London City
✈️ 33 per week to Geneva
✈️ 68 per week to Dublin from London Heathrow and London City
✈️ 28 per week to Milan
✈️ 21 per week Paris and Rome
✈️ 36 per week to Berlin from London Heathrow and London City
✈️ New routes to Salzburg from London City & Southampton, and from Belfast to Birmingham
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

This is really positive news

Hoping we get an A380 to MIA with the new Club Suites for our trip next August
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Missin_Disney View Post
Hoping we get an A380 to MIA with the new Club Suites for our trip next August
The A380 doesn’t have Club Suites, and I’m not aware of immediate plans for them to be fitted.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
The A380 doesn’t have Club Suites, and I’m not aware of immediate plans for them to be fitted.
Yeah, sadly they don't seem that interested in fitting them? I know other airlines are planning to just retire the A380 as it's outlived it's viability. Can't see them investing in it.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Yeah, sadly they don't seem that interested in fitting them? I know other airlines are planning to just retire the A380 as it's outlived it's viability. Can't see them investing in it.
I was surprised to see them putting it back into service TBH, I wouldn't have thought demand was high enough to require the capacity over say the 777.

It's still a lovely plane, just a shame about the CW config.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I was surprised to see them putting it back into service TBH, I wouldn't have thought demand was high enough to require the capacity over say the 777.

It's still a lovely plane, just a shame about the CW config.
I intentionally booked a higher fare with Emirates when the A380 first came into service. It was brand new and I was just wowed by how big and spacious it was.

I was surprised too. Unless the thought is that they can release more seats during this pent-up demand period. After that they'll probably fly limited routes until retirement. Quite sad really.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I intentionally booked a higher fare with Emirates when the A380 first came into service. It was brand new and I was just wowed by how big and spacious it was.

I was surprised too. Unless the thought is that they can release more seats during this pent-up demand period. After that they'll probably fly limited routes until retirement. Quite sad really.
I did that with Singapore back when they were the only airline flying them.

The Emirates A380 is lovely too, as is Qantas. I'm sad they're pulling it from so many airlines, was hoping to get around to all of them eventually.
Old 11 Oct 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Surprised that they haven't looked at replacing the 777 on the orlando routes with an A380 and cutting the number of daily flights, especially at peak holiday times
Old 11 Oct 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Surprised that they haven't looked at replacing the 777 on the orlando routes with an A380 and cutting the number of daily flights, especially at peak holiday times
I don't think this would be profitable for them. Most of the additional capacity is in First and CW which they don't need on the leisure routes. Economy only adds 50 seats over a 777. Leaving them a shortfall of 200 seats compared to flying two 777s.

Also not sure if MCO is equipped to deal with an A380 on the regular, as very few of them land there as far as I know. LGW for example had to build a new gate in order to service the Emirates A380.

Edited at 01:01 PM.
Old 11 Oct 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We flew buisness calss on Emerates A380, I enjoyed it but wouldn't swoon over it. I have a problem with seats in herringbone, somehow my brain doesn't deal with going forward at that angle and it makes me feel ill! It's the only time I feel ill on a plane!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List