Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 12 Oct 21, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mamma Mia it’s Greece

Day 1 Monday 11 Oct
Fell asleep to the drone of the air con hoping that it would cut out soon - I hate noise while I’m trying to sleep. Woke up on and off all through the night still with drone click click of the bloody a/c. I know I complained that it wasn’t working but the noise drives me nuts! Woke for good just after 6 which is pretty good for me. Think it helped that Jas had closed the shutters so it stayed dark.

I packed the pool bags and headed outside just after 7.30 to set up camp - still didn’t really know where as I knew which side the sun would rise but not sure of how it would be impeded by the various building trees (turned out I chose the wrong position) and it’s also a bit cloudy. Sat and read a book while the pool cleaners/gardeners got everything ship shape.

Phoebe appeared later and said Jas was still sleeping but she’d been wide awake when I left. Went and rounded Jas up and we headed into breakfast around nine. A lovely choice of foods, fresh fruit, bread, pancakes, bacon, eggs etc. Phoe had a plate of pancakes and some French toast and when she was finished said she couldn’t have any more gluten - I did bring a gluten free loaf with me do tomorrow will take done of that down to toast. Jas had a boiled egg and chips. I had egg and chips, all plans of a healthy breakfast going out of the window! We did find a better drink station though which had fruit juices and the beer/wine pumps.

Headed back out to the pool and swam 15 lengths. It’s v cold. I used to just jump in but didn’t feel brave enough. It took me 2 minutes just to get to knee deep so in the dvd just launched myself and it was fine by the end of the first length.

By the time I got out there was more cloud than blue sky - this is not what we signed up for! Jas had a few naps, Phoe moaned about the lack of sun, I read my book as well as watched the ‘aqua gym’ which was quite amusing.
Had a few games of cards before heading in to lunch at 1. Another nice array of food - I knew Phoebe’s no gluten rule wouldn’t hold when I spotted a dish of creamy garlic mushroom pasta. She came back with rice, pasta, chips and potatoes. Poor old jas had chips and spaghetti bolognese again. I had a lovely salad plate but did plonk a few chips on the top.

After lunch we called in at the spa as the lady had been round the sunbeds giving her spiel offering the ‘new arrival discount’. Phoe and I both booked for massages which to be fair Phoebe desperately needs as her shoulder blades give her a lot of trouble since working from home.

The sun briefly came out but it was raining at the same time but we stayed out in true British style. We decided to have a little dip during a sunny spell but as soon as we were out it was full cloud again. Jas took a picture of us and it looked like a man was laying across our heads. Got so cold that I went and fetched some cups of tea!

People watching is great - 2 people in the pool, a man and a woman. 2 halves of 2 different couples, not sure if they’re friends who have travelled together or have become friends whilst here. The girl is telling the man that she used to swim professionally, the man challenges her to a race which she clearly thought she was going to win. She lost by a mile. Both men are now somersaulting into the pool. Pretty sure it’s going to end in tears soon.

Jas went up to the room around 4 having done well to stay with us for as long as she did. We followed just before 5 and decided to take a little stroll to the supermarket and to find the beach. I set Jas the challenge of trying to tie her shoe lace with one hand and she did! Took over 5 minutes but she got there.

Typically the cloud all disappeared and it was lovely and sunny - we decided to look for the beach first. All down hill - I was thinking of hung for a run tomorrow morning but the hill back up is putting me off. Found the beach, nice little area with tiny pebble sand and beautifully clear water - a million miles away from Felixstowe! And it was warmer than the pool! We decided we would definitely come back one afternoon and take a dip. Trudged back up the hill and into the supermarket. Got some real sprite and crisps and sweet treats to take to work.

Got ready for dinner - jas had her usual of chips and spag bol but there were some chicken nuggets tonight. Sat on the terrace with a drink before heading back the balcony for a quick game of cards before bed. Hoping to sleep better tonight - going to try turning the a/c off.

Day one from Phoebe’s point of view:

Day 1

I woke up several times in the night freezing cold and from the noise of the air-con but only heard mum snoring once and can confirm she didn’t try and get on my side! I fell back asleep almost immediately and woke up just before 8 and mum was nowhere to be seen but Jas was still sound asleep. I’d text mum but didn’t get a reply.

Got up and ready for another day of sunning myself and Jas wasn’t having any of it. She then told me mum had gone down to the sunbeds and to meet her down there with her phone! What if I had an actual real life emergency? Mums abandoned me and has no phone and Jas won’t wake up for anyone or anything.

Met mum on the sunbeds and she asked where Jas was and then went back up to get her. 20 minutes or so after they came back down and we went for breakfast. I had pancakes with syrup and Jas had a plate of chips.

Back down and straight onto the sunbeds. The sun was half in and half out and has stayed this way pretty much the entire day.

I then witnessed the funniest thing in the world and mum and Jas both missed it so I had to relay it. It’s one of those stories where you had to be there to see it or you have to hear and see me tell it in real life so you can laugh at me laughing retelling the story. I was sat on the sun bed facing the opposite way to the other two to face the sun and there was a man opposite me just chilling on his sun bed smoking, when all of a sudden, he went to lean back but his sun bed gave in. The sunbed was flung backwards, he went with it, the cigarette went to one side and his legs were up in the air. It all happened so quick and he sat up hoping no one saw so I tried to pretend nothing had happened. I then said to mum and Jas something really funny just happened but I can’t tell you. After that I was gone. Every time I tried to say something I couldn’t get my words out because the man was watching me. I had tears streaming down and couldn’t hold it together. The more I tried to explain it the funnier it was getting. Mum and Jas didn’t have a clue what was happening but laughing at me laughing. The man at this point knew I was laughing at what just happened but knew I was trying to hide it. I finally got my words out and we were all laughing. Managed to recover myself and then the man looked at me and we had a mutual nod to acknowledge the incident and it was time to move on which set me off again. I’d really then pulled myself together and my sunbed almost did the same thing and I was gone again. I’m laughing at it all over again whilst typing this!

Jas slept most of the morning under a towel on her sun bed whilst I desperately wished for the sun to make an appearance. The spa lady cornered us to tell us about all the treatments they offer and a special first day discount if we booked a treatment today.

Headed to lunch where I had more pasta, potato and bread. Some things never change! Jas had more chips and spaghetti bolognese and icecream. It started to rain whilst we were eating but it was full sun so I was rushing them to get back outside into the sun! We did stop at the spa and book a treatment for later on in the week, we were drawn in with the first day discount.

Mum and I then decided to get in the pool as the sun was out so we’d dry off. I went to jump in but as I went to do it mum shouted that I still had my watch on. I panicked and ended up literally hopping into the pool and turning at the same time and holding onto the edge so my arm didn’t go in! When I did then get in it was so cold I thought I’d go into shock.

As soon as we got out the sun went in and it started to rain! It was freezing cold! My biggest pet peeve is having wet hair touch me so I was now soaking wet, being rained on and had wet hair!

Jas went back to sleep and the afternoon was spent reading my book in the rain, adjusting the sun bed when the sun came out, trying to get the wet hair off me and watching two men from a couple and a family get drunk and jump into the pool whilst the wife and girlfriend looked on and played with the kids of the family!

Jas was patiently waiting for the maid to clean the room so she could go back upstairs and then did so at 4ish. Not long after mum and I followed and decided we’d head to the supermarket and see if we could find the beach. Jas was taking an age to get up and get her shoes on! I’d missed something about a challenge to tie the shoelace with one hand but I did point our that we do actually in fact have a flight to catch on Sunday so if we could speed this up, that would be fab! Both were only down the road and about a 10 minute walk. The sea was gorgeous until I got hit by a big wave and called it a day!

Back to the hotel room to get ready for dinner and played a few games of cards with Jas before we left. I’m starting to win some and she’s not happy with it! Off to dinner where I had exactly the same as lunch but with the addition of pizza and Jas had the same with the addition of chicken nuggets.

I got halfway way through my dinner and forgot I hadn’t taken a pic to send to the family WhatsApp to proudly show of my carbs! My uncle asked a serious question afterwards! I love carbs and that won’t ever change.

After dinner we sat on the terrace with a drink to catch up on the day and headed back upstairs. It was way too cold and windy to sit out and play cards so we only managed one game which I won. The wind gives me such anxiety and I’ll be up all night thinking the towels as lilo will blow away. I’m already feeling anxious about the Reindeer this Christmas! If you’ve seen the Christmas display you’ll know what I mean about the Reindeer! Whist typing this I’ve also thought that we’re very close to the sea so a tsunami is possible.

Preparing myself not to sleep thinking about potential hurricanes and tsunamis. As well as mum next to me trying to get on my side and snoring. Maybe I was too tired yesterday to notice it but we’ll see what happens! X
Old 12 Oct 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The sunbed story 😂😂 brilliant!

What card games are you playing?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

I wish I’d seen the sun bed incident! We’re playing gin rummy, sevens and ≈≈≈≈ head (no idea if that is the real name or not!)