Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Oct 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Grand Californian Hotel

A few days ago in a sudden and unexpected burst of spontaneity, We cancelled our January Orlando flights and rebooked to LAX.

I really want to stay at the above mentioned hotel for some reason, but it is hard to justify it compared to a close by offsite hotel. Am I correct in thinking that there are currently no onsite advantages at all? I believe advantages were limited anyway but there was early entry and I think a special hotel entrance.

Can anyone that has stayed here provide good reasons as to why we should stay here and not the Marriott Theme Park Entrance hotel. Objective replies are not required.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

You are probably right - there is almost no benefit to being onsite other than those you have mentioned... however...

I loved the whole vibe of the Grand Californian so much that I simply had to buy DVC points there. Madness

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have stayed there and yes he early entrance made it worth while (plus we wanted a suite with interconnecting rooms to make a big family space with views of the park so for us it was worthwhile ) but I have also stayed at The Marriott and went to the park early Sunday morning when park is traditionally quiet (families are either at church or sport) and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again also as it is SO much cheaper.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Interested about this quiet park on a Sunday morning. When I was planning my days and assumed I would need to avoid the parks at weekend.

I wish they would restart early entry, it would help me explain to DH why we need to stay at Grand Californian.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Interested about this quiet park on a Sunday morning. When I was planning my days and assumed I would need to avoid the parks at weekend.

I wish they would restart early entry, it would help me explain to DH why we need to stay at Grand Californian.
Saturdays are very busy but I find Sundays quiet. Mornings fo reasons I have given but locals (who get free access) might come in the afternoon when out of owners leave to drive home. One thing is there wont be long lines for rides as they will just come back another day (for free) - Sundays are my all time favourite dear to visit but shhhh dont tell everyone
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve never stayed (2 failed trips) but I’m hoping for another one bed this summer on DVC points, it’s meant to be Disneys best hotel and videos look great (well Aulunai maybe beats it). It’s eye wateringly expensive cash though, 1 beds are about £1000 a night so I wouldn’t pay that cash as will will stay 4-5 nights.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
On our Californian trip, it was actually cheaper to stay at the GC than the Disneyland Hotel, but we wanted to stay at the OG, so the Disneyland Hotel it was. Having Trader Sam's so close at hand for 5 days was a fantastic benefit for us!

I would stay at the GC next time, mainly to compare-and-contrast with our Disneyland Hotel stay. We've always really loved our Wilderness Lodge stays, so I think we'll enjoy the similar vibe there.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We also loved it so much that we bought points there! Booked to go in April so really hope the early access etc is back - that was amazing
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's one of my bucket list hotels, and I don't have many of those. Is that enough reason?

I'd probably split stay it though. Can't justify more than 1-2 nights at that price.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Stayed here twice, one for 3 nights in a 2 bed and again for 6 nights in a studio with the most amazing view of the park. For me, the location is amazing but taking that away it is still a beautiful hotel with a fab pool area, lobby and restaurants, you won't regret it if you stay here