Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Jun 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
We have fastpasses booked for Na'vi river at 10:05 in the morning (July). If the park opens at 9am is it feasible to rope drop Flight of passage, then head to Na'vi.

There are 12 of us only 8 want to do FoP, but we all want to do Na'vi, hence the fastpasses were booked for Na'vi, with the hope 8 of us can rope drop FoP.

Thx
Animal kingdom has been opening at 8?
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shrek1609 View Post
Animal kingdom has been opening at 8?
It seems to go back to 9am in July (on the dibb busy day guide anyway lol)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It's been 8am-11pm the entire time we've been in Disney (at the airport ready to come home now - sob! ) with EMH often stretching 11pm-1am.

Haven't heard of it reaching capacity over the past week, but then again, a lot of people have been rained out of the parks.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
I would say a couple of hundred at least when we arrived on the Sunday. When we did park opening on the Tuesday it was so much less busy
That's great thank you for the reply. I know what to do now!
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeymac
Excited about Disney

Thanks all for input and discussion. It looks like a goer especially if Disney extend the 8am opening after July 4th. I hope they extend the early opening and the 11pm to 1 am opening after the 4th as I love walking the parks after midnight, such a different relaxed environment.
Old 11 Jun 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We rope dropped it on 31st May. We got an uber from POR at 6.30 and arrived 10 minutes later. We were probably 10 people from the front of the magic band turnstiles and we waited until 7.15 when we were then let through the park entrance. We headed to Pandora along with everyone else and were held at the entrance behind probably 50 people until 7.50 when they opened slightly before the 8am park opening time. We were shepherded around to the ride entrance by CM's and were in the line pretty quickly. Walking through the standby line took about 10 minutes I would say, and it was constantly moving, we weren't standing for any length. By the time we rode FOP and got out the wait had increased to 2 hours.
I think if you can tolerate being at the park not long after 6.30 in the morning you will be in and out by 8.30 - we were on our way to breakfast at the beach club by 9am after stopping to adopt a banshee
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I honestly haven't spoken to anyone who hasn't been blown away by FOP - if you are tall enough to ride it, you should do it. It isn't scary, it isn't too much of a thrill ride I don't think - it's just simply amazing. My 6 year old only just made the height restriction and it was her favourite ride in the whole of Disney (apart from the tea cups apparently!)
If all 12 of you rope drop, try and persuade the others to get on, it's such a good ride
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List