Notices

Old 15 Sep 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Took my car back this afternoon and it had sustained a little damage at the front, it looked like it had been hit by a small branch. The lady at Hertz said don't worry as they have all kinds of damaged vehicles return over the last few days
We're due to pick up from Hertz in a week and I did wonder if there might be an issue with availability of cars.

I was reassured by someone commenting that they collected from Hertz after a previous hurricane and the site (it was off-airport then) was swamped with cars. But now I'm nervous again!
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandomad
slightly serious Dibber

Orlandomad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just got back, stayed at Saratoga Springs, it all looked very un-Disneylike, debris, branches and trees down everywhere. Some unlucky person had a tree planted on their car, got a photo I'll post later, i was impressed how within a couple of hours the tree had gone, just a stump left. It was a BMW... cant comment further.
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
It happens all over sadly, we went to a well known chain of garages here.
There was a car there which was the type we were interested in , it was a year old with a masssive shunt in the back.
The salesman came out, asked us if we were interested in the car and proceeded to tell us that they would " knock all the damage out and we would never be any the wiser" DH said what about internal chassis damage from the bump at the rear .. the answer was " well you'll never know"
We walked away from a £21,000 possible banger , knowing they would sell it on and never mention it .
I thought they had to mention something like that