Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Jan 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Geojen75
Gone all Goofy

With the Little Toot they do offer a repeat booking if you don't see dolphins you can rebook. This didn't happen to us and we went on the 3:00 cruise and did see dolphins. So therefore if you chose an earlier booking and didn't see anything you might be able to rebook for that day. I think their success rate is very good.
Geojen75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chancer View Post
Another vote for Little Toot.

The crew of the boat can sometimes be manned be people from the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and are obviously very knowledgeable. I have no experience of the seascreamer other then seeing it out on the water but the Little Toot crew have been very critical of the Seascreamer as in it not always putting the Dolphins well being as a priority.
Fully agree. It's worth tying it in with a visit to the Aquarium (I never really understood why they call it that, as it's really a Marine Hospital). Its worth following them on Facebook for a regular taste of Florida as well, they regularly post videos.

You can actually buy joint boat and aquarium tickets I believe.

It's always worth a visit to see Winter, who is the dolphin without a tail made famous by Dolphin Tale.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geojen75 View Post
With the Little Toot they do offer a repeat booking if you don't see dolphins you can rebook. This didn't happen to us and we went on the 3:00 cruise and did see dolphins. So therefore if you chose an earlier booking and didn't see anything you might be able to rebook for that day. I think their success rate is very good.
They they pretty much all do this from what I can tell. It's a pretty safe bet on their part. Not seeing Dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico would be like missing sheep in the English countryside. It's one of biggest populations of Bottlenose on the planet. I spoke to our "captain" about this, and he said in hundreds of excursions it had happened a couple of times at most. They do cancel trips when they know conditions don't look favourable, such as very, very cold or windy weather apparently.

We saw them swimming past our apartment. You can sit on the broadwalk at St John's drinking a beer and watch them coming up every few minutes. Which is a great experience.

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
palmlodge
Getting Excited

With added Van Halen. Cheesy but really good fun.

Originally Posted by Minniebella View Post
We went on the Seascreamer,which is a large speedboat that does dolphin spotting.
We had a dolphin follow our boat jumping in and out of the water,it was so much fun!
We went early and parked on next to the pier,the boats all leave from just across the road.
palmlodge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List