Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Jan 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Amway Centre

Hiya dibbers,

Has anyone been to the Amway Centre during their past holidays?

What is the place like and is there parking nearby?
ARAR is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

I went to the Amway Center twice in April.

Can't help with parking I'm afraid. But we thought the price of food and drink wasn't too steep and it was quite a nice arena.
debojahh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Malificent
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, we frequent the Amway Center for the basketball. Geico garage is superb with a walkway over to the Center.
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Malificent View Post
Yes, we frequent the Amway Center for the basketball. Geico garage is superb with a walkway over to the Center.
Thanks for that very useful information.

Roughly how much does it cost to park there? Do you have to pre-book?
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

its $20 per car at the geico garage next to the amway centre, but there are *loads* of other perfectly safe parking garages nearby that only charge $10 (or less)

i usually park here: google/maps/@28.54...1 3312!8i6656

its less than 10 minutes walk to the amway center from there

depending on when you park, the price changes (we were there on a tuesday night back in october for a gig at backbooth, and it was $5 parking for the night)

hth
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
its $20 per car at the geico garage next to the amway centre, but there are *loads* of other perfectly safe parking garages nearby that only charge $10 (or less)

i usually park here: google/maps/@28.54...1 3312!8i6656

its less than 10 minutes walk to the amway center from there

depending on when you park, the price changes (we were there on a tuesday night back in october for a gig at backbooth, and it was $5 parking for the night)

hth
Cheers!
Old 19 Jan 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
brown78p
Proud to wear my Ears

We went last year for the first time and there is lots of parking within walking distance of the arena, lots are like a small multi-storey to us from the UK, you will not have a problem parking. Also nearby are lots of bars and restaurants.
brown78p is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

There are half a dozen large parking garages on the other side of the I-4. The east side of the I-4 around Church Street/Orange Avenue is a major nightlife area with bars/restaurants/clubs. The City of Orlando garages charge $10 for event parking. In October 2017, the Suntrust garage had upped its price to $15. No need to book in advance - pay on entry. When you come down the I-4 exit 82B ramp, you can see 2 of the garages immediately to your right. There is a parking map on the Amway Center web site, plus you can see the parking/bars/restaurants on GoogleMaps.
The Geico garage is next to the Amway Center, so might appear more convenient, but it costs $20 and you are isolated from the main Downtown area across the I-4. Nothing else of interest on the west side (apart from the Orlando City stadium a couple of blocks away) - they have demolished the police HQ building, so that is just a building site now.
If you are going in daylight, consider taking a stroll around Eola Lake beforehand - pleasant park with a farmers market on sunday morning.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ARAR
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
There are half a dozen large parking garages on the other side of the I-4. The east side of the I-4 around Church Street/Orange Avenue is a major nightlife area with bars/restaurants/clubs. The City of Orlando garages charge $10 for event parking. In October 2017, the Suntrust garage had upped its price to $15. No need to book in advance - pay on entry. When you come down the I-4 exit 82B ramp, you can see 2 of the garages immediately to your right. There is a parking map on the Amway Center web site, plus you can see the parking/bars/restaurants on GoogleMaps.
The Geico garage is next to the Amway Center, so might appear more convenient, but it costs $20 and you are isolated from the main Downtown area across the I-4. Nothing else of interest on the west side (apart from the Orlando City stadium a couple of blocks away) - they have demolished the police HQ building, so that is just a building site now.
If you are going in daylight, consider taking a stroll around Eola Lake beforehand - pleasant park with a farmers market on sunday morning.
Thank you
Old 19 Jan 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

To be honest we parked in Geico garage when we went to a basketball game. We booked and paid in the UK before we went. It was really easy to get to and getting out after the game was a breeze. It is so controlled that there is no hanging about for hours trying to leave after an event. It’s probably more expensive than some of the others but very stress free.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List