Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jun 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Fast passes for shows at AK

Hi There

Getting close to our fastpass window and trying to look at thing we want to do...
Looks like there are loads of FP we would like for AK and after some help as what to choose as never been before so no clue...
We are looking at the Avatar ones and the big rides but wondering if you need FP for the shows ...They are something we would really like to do , so really dont know what to do ...which would be the best to Que for and which to FP...
Any Advice grateful..
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

You can only fast pass 1 of the avatar rides not both so I would fast pass Flight of Passage (due to it being slow loading so queue times likely to be longer) and head to the other one at park opening.
I would either fast pass Kilimanjaro safaris, Expedition Everest or River Rapids depending on your family. (Bear in mind that expedition Everest has a single rider queue so that could be an option).
I would then use final fastpass on Rivers of Light (show). Unless you are happy queueing for a long time. When we were there, people were queuing for ROL from 7pm despite it not starting until 9.15

I am wondering if you could do two days at AK? Would make it easier:

FP Day 1 - flight of passage, expedition Everest, safari

FP Day 2- other avatar ride, river rapids, rivers of light
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I would not use a fast pass on the shows. We spread out our fast passes throughout the day and fitted in the shows in between.

The Lion King is between Pandora and Kilimanjaro Safari, so you could fast pass any of the three rides, then see the show. Finding Nemo is between Dinosaur and Expedition Everest.

You can check the show times on the Disney site but if you space out your fast passes by a couple of hours, you should be fine. Also it saves you backtracking across the park!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As first post says, you can only FP one of the Avatar rides in advance. I'm planning two half days at AK instead of one full day - one morning and one evening, which means I can see Pandora both day and night as well. That will give you 4 other FP slots to mix between rides and shows.

The only show I'd definitely want a pass for is ROL as the queues are long and it's only 1 or 2 shows per night depending on the opening hours. But because it's towards the end of the day either way, you won't be able to book a 4th (and beyond) FP because you have to use it first. So if you were considering dining at either Tusker House or Tiffins anyway, book a ROL dining package and get your pass that way. That frees up your FP slot for something else.

Edited at 06:16 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by 2017dream View Post
Hi There

Getting close to our fastpass window and trying to look at thing we want to do...
Looks like there are loads of FP we would like for AK and after some help as what to choose as never been before so no clue...
We are looking at the Avatar ones and the big rides but wondering if you need FP for the shows ...They are something we would really like to do , so really dont know what to do ...which would be the best to Que for and which to FP...
Any Advice grateful..
If you are onsite and have the DDP you could try for a ROL dining package at Tiffens or Tuster house. Otherwise fast pass as read on other threads that standby not all getting in.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List