Old 14 Sep 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Love it!

With all the uncertainty recently, i'd say a celebration was in order.
Well that was our thinking although tbh I never need an excuse!

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Have a great flight, plenty of IG photos please! Cant wait to follow along with your adventures x
Flight was mostly great thanks! I'm probably going to massively overshare on Instagram x

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Safe travels!
Thankyou!

Originally Posted by tiny loz View Post
Ohhh that looks good hopefully I can try some tomorrow...no news yet was told to check at 4pm have a fab holiday
Fingers crossed for you!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What a great start to your travels, a well earned bit of bubbly! Hope the journey went well and you are settled in to the resort. Have a fab time.
Journey was great until baggage claim and the Magical Express! But we are here so that's the main thing!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 1 - 13th September 2017

It's currently 4.30am and I've been awake since 3 I've only had about 4.5 hours of sleep but cannot get back out!

Our flight yesterday was pretty great and the food was probably the best I've ever had on a plane! We started with drinks and pretzels, obviously. Two gin and tonics for me, a whiskey and coke and a beer for Ainge.

The choice of food for lunch was chicken pesto pasta, sausage and mash or paneer curry. We both went for the pasta and there was also a little salad topped with coleslaw, Boursin and crackers and a little lemon cheesecake pudding. Oh, and a red wine each, obviously

The customary Fabs followed a little while later and then about 2 hours before landing we were brought a cheese and tomato chutney sandwich, crisps and a little chocolate nougat bar. Again, we really couldn't fault the food!

We landed about 15 minutes early into Orlando, at just before 4.30pm. Immigration was an absolute breeze (zero queue and we were through within 5 minutes of getting off the plane!) but then we waited about 35 minutes for one of our suitcases, which was frustrating. We also then had a long wait for the Magical Express. Eventually we set off for WDW but it soon became apparent that our driver had no idea where he was going and he drove round in circles for about 45 minutes Yacht Club was also the last stop so we didn't actually get there until after 7.30pm, over 1 hour after leaving the airport and over 3 hours after landing :angry: We both agreed there and then that next time we'll just get a taxi from the airport!

Because of our late arrival we couldn't be bothered keeping our original plan of a couple of fastpasses at Epcot and pizza from the Boardwalk window. We went and collected our refillable mugs from the Marketplace at Ale & Compass, went for a wander around YC and BC and then retired to our room where we had a dinner of cookies and crisps from our Garden Grocer order! Keeping it really healthy

I think I might have over ordered on the snacks! No photo of the alcohol but we got Angry Orchard, Landshark lager and Straw-ber-ritas...

Right, I'm going to try and get a bit more sleep! Off to Epcot for EMH today and then MK

Edited at 12:51 PM.
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

HOW have I missed this?

Eek excited to be following in 'real time' with this food report. I was wondering how you managed to get those snacks when I saw your pic on IG 👏

Flight looks really good. Impressed with the fever tree tonic me all the food looks decent.

'Mare with the magical express we've had 1 good, 1 not so good experience. Fancy not knowing where you're going as the driver 🙈
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
HOW have I missed this?

Eek excited to be following in 'real time' with this food report. I was wondering how you managed to get those snacks when I saw your pic on IG 👏

Flight looks really good. Impressed with the fever tree tonic me all the food looks decent.

'Mare with the magical express we've had 1 good, 1 not so good experience. Fancy not knowing where you're going as the driver 🙈
I was sooo glad I'd ordered from GG as we were exhausted and grumpy when we arrived!

I am always impressed when there is fever tree tonic. They were very generous with the drinks too

I honestly couldn't believe the driver didn't know where he was going! If I hadn't been so tired I'd have felt more sorry for him but we just wanted to be there already! Xx
Old 15 Sep 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 2 - 14th September 2017

Our first morning began for me at 3am, after only 4.5 hours of sleep No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get back to sleep so eventually I gave up, ate some mini donuts and pretzel pieces from our Garden Grocer stash (I do love a healthy breakfast ) and got myself ready for the day.

First stop was Epcot for EMH and then on to MK, where we had an early lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. Now I know BOG tends to split opinions down the middle but we loved our dinner there on our last trip and, as it's a good use of a QS credit, we decided to give lunch a go this time. Spoiler: we loved it!

We ordered our food in advance so after checking in quickly we managed to swerve the queue inside, tap my magic band to pay and then head straight to a nice table by the window in the ballroom.

I had the croque monsieur with a Smart water and Ainge had the French dip sandwich with a chocolate milk (because he's a big child), with a Master's cupcake to share for dessert.

The portions were huge and it was all really tasty. The cupcake was mostly frosting (like 70% ) and I couldn't have eaten a whole one but half was perfect.

It was ridiculously hot at MK yesterday so we spent most of the day downing free cups of iced water and frozen treats.

Frozen lemonade from a little stand in Frontierland...

Citrus Swirl from Sunshine Tree Terrace...

We headed over to Wilderness Lodge at about 4.30pm and headed to the Territory Lounge for some much needed cocktails. A Smoked Turkey for Ainge ($12) and a Moscow Mule for me ($11). Ainge also had a Fat Tire ($8) but I didn't take a picture because beer is beer tbh!

The cocktails were great and we had a lovely hour resting our sore feet and talking about how much we'd managed to get done (13 rides!) in one day.

We then headed to Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Now, I've read a lot of mixed reviews for this place but we really loved it! Our waiter, Joey, was fab and while we got some of the typically (intentionally) rude service that this place is famous for, it was nowhere near the level of shenanigans (thankfully) that some tables got!

We both got the all-you-care-to-enjoy skillet ($32 pp if paying oop), which started with the cornbread and salad. It was all really really good (although the pulled pork was slightly dry for my tastes and the pork ribs a bit fatty for Ainge) but I think the mash was actually my favourite part It was gooooood! Ainge also got one of the milkshakes as his dining plan drink and I got a pomegranate lemonade.

We virtually finished the skillet (only some beans, one piece of chicken and some green beans were left) but didn't order any more of anything as wanted to save a bit of room for dessert. Ainge got a refill of milkshake (that boy looooves a milkshake) and we ordered the chocolate cake for him and the seasonal crisp (which was strawberry and rhubarb) for me.

Our desserts were both amazing but we only managed about half of each, sadly. The meal would have been $99 plus tip without DDP, but we just paid the tip and waddled off into the night

Edited at 12:51 PM.
Old 15 Sep 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Excellent first day of eats!

Can't believe you couldn't finish that cupcake though - the shame

So impressed Ainge managed a re-fill on the milkshake though !
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Epcot followed by Magic Kingdom what a fab first day.

Oh I do love a Moscow Mule! Yummy

The skillet looks good. And wow those puddings look delicious. Did you get the leftovers boxed up? Seems like the perfect breakfast to me.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Lovely start! Enjoy your holiday

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Excellent first day of eats!

Can't believe you couldn't finish that cupcake though - the shame

So impressed Ainge managed a re-fill on the milkshake though !
He's an absolute fiend for anything milkshake or chocolate based xx

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Epcot followed by Magic Kingdom what a fab first day.

Oh I do love a Moscow Mule! Yummy

The skillet looks good. And wow those puddings look delicious. Did you get the leftovers boxed up? Seems like the perfect breakfast to me.
We didn't get them boxed up. What a fail! It would have made an amazing breakfast the next day

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Lovely start! Enjoy your holiday
Thankyou! Thanks for reading!
Old 16 Sep 17, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

Day 3 - 15th September 2017

Yesterday was an epic 3 park (plus Disney Springs!) day. We walked 12 miles and I feel like my right foot is about to fall off

The day started for me at about 4.50am We had a breakfast of donuts, cookies and Twizzlers in the room and then set off for Hollywood Studios, where we rode Star Tours 3 times and then I conquered my fear and rode Tower of Terror. For the first time ever I loved it!

I had a trenta pumpkin spice iced latte and Ainge had a frozen raspberry lemonade.

We then went to Epcot for a little bit of Food and Wine Festival sampling. We tried the Irish cheddar cheese and stout dip from Ireland, the potato pancake with salmon and sour cream from Scotland, the lamb meatball with spicy tomato chutney from New Zealand, the sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp from Australia, the Jamaican beef patty from Islands of the Caribbean and the liquid nitro chocolate-almond truffle from The Chocolate Studio.

I loved all of them but the meatball and the nitro truffle were my favourites. The truffle was INSANELY good

We then went off to Disney Springs to collect our $200 gift card and accidentally fell in to Dockside Margaritas while we were there I had a watermelon margarita and a strawberry margarita (both frozen) and my tequila-hating husband had a rum runner and an Angry Orchard cider. The cocktails were gorgeous, but potent!

Dinner was at Blaze and it was soooo good. I got the white top pizza (cream sauce, mozzarella, chopped garlic and bacon) but without the arugula as I hate it. Ainge got the barbecue chicken pizza and we both had a blood orange agua fresca to drink.

Feeling absolutely stuffed, we wandered off to our last park of the day - Animal Kingdom! We rode River Journey (so pretty) and then grabbed a Kingfisher beer for Ainge and a Triple Yeti Blast margarita for me. Except they were out of the lime flavour so it was a double yeti blast

We went on Everest twice (still my fave!) and then ended the day with Rivers of Light, which I adored! It made me cry

We were back at the hotel for about 10pm and finished the evening with a couple of drinks and some snacks on our balcony.

Such a perfect day!

Edited at 01:38 PM.