Notices

Old 14 Sep 17, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Are shops restocking and petrol stations refilling?

We are flying out today and wondered if the main food shops (Publix, walmart etc) are starting to restock up on things like water.

Also are petrol stations getting refilled?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesM
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Hi, we arrived in last night. I did have worries before arrival, but found our publix recovering.

A few essentials missing but enough to get by and today we'll try and do a proper shop
2017 Sun Haven Villa @ West Haven
2019 Newport Bay - Paris
JamesM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

That's good to hear, many thanks for the reply and have a great time.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post

They are slowly recovering. In a couple of weeks you won't know much had happened.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
They are slowly recovering. In a couple of weeks you won't know much had happened.
I will be back in the UK in a couple of weeks, I need supplies tonight😁
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure if you shop around you'll find most of what you need.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH is there now and says those that have power are absolutely fine
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

The hardest items to find are those from the chillers ie milk and dairy products. We went to 8 different places to find milk yesterday and eventially found some at a gas station which had just had a delivery. Target on the 192 lost all thier chilled and frozen prodicts and didnt have anything back in stock last night. Publix and Wal-Mart on the US27 had no milk or dairy either.

No problem finding water. Gas is a bit hit and miss but fuel is flowing through from Tampa again.

Edited at 12:20 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
The hardest itrms to find arw those from the chillers ie milk and dairy products. We went to 8 different places to find milk yesterday and eventially fond some at a gas station which had just had a delivery. Target on the 192 lost all thier chilled and frozen prodicts and didnt have anything back in stock last night. Publix and Wal-Mart on the US27 had no milk or dairy either.
I made the mistake of going to Target at Rolling Oaks yesterday. Two days without power meant they had to clear the fridges and freezers completely. They are expecting a big delivery today.
Old 14 Sep 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Everything at Berry Town Center had reopened by Tuesday evening, with one exception, Sundays Grill which was still boarded up. They reopened yesterday (Wed). The Cagan Crossings Walmart reopened yesterday too - lots of cars outside. The gas stations near Posner Park were noticeably busier than the ones further north - queuing, possibly the effect of the I-4 and evacuees going home. The Cracker Barrel at Dunson Rd was still shut - I think they've lost power.
The shortage at Publix was no milk - it had water again.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List