Notices

Old 19 Sep 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by misaps View Post
It is sounding like very grave news is going to be coming from Dominica once daylight arrives and surveys are able to be made.

For a Florida it looks likely that Jose will steer Maria away and out into the Atlantic, or that's how it seems at the present time. Obviously things do change so nothing is totally certain!
It's terrible and heading for the virgin isles . I can't imagine what they must be thinking at present.
But on another note let's put it into perpesctive I think rescheduling holidays so you are safe is just a small price to pay when booking your holiday in hurricane season, we are thinking of the people who cant reschedule their home and lose everything and even life.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We're due to get married on 3rd October and fly out in 9 days. The stress and anxiousness is beginning to make me ill. It's devastating what damage Irma has caused and what damage Maria will potentially cause but I'm praying it misses Florida. I'm not sleeping.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I am sure everything will be ok ? Nothing to worry about ? What about all those it is battering at the moment ? Sorry, but people sometimes need to look at the bigger picture
Just because people are stressing over their current plans/vacations and weddings in Florida and how these hurricanes will affect them doesn't mean they don't care about how it's affected all the islands out in the Caribbean and other places.

People have planned and saved hard for these trips and yes when you compare it to someone losing their home and all belongings then it seems trivial but it's not. Everything is relative but the one common thing is these hurricanes are scaring everybody and everyone's concern is important no matter how big or small you may think it is.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

How many more sanctimonious individuals are going to come onto a trip planning forum specifically dedicated to hurricanes and pontificate about how everyone shouldn't be worried about their holidays when people are losing their lives/homes etc

I am sure everyone gets the message and can "think of the locals" when they wish to and without needing to qualify this in every post so they dont get attacked on a hurricane related trip planning forum.
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Hear, hear!
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I don't want to get into an argument but I d feel that "sanctimonious" is a bit to strong. I thought this was a friendly site. Yes people are concerned especially if this is their first visit with their family. We fly out this weekend, we experienced Hurricane Matthew last year, but our thoughts and prays with those that lost everything. I really do not think people can really judge each other, they are just stating there concerns or opinions
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Potentially good news for Florida;

amp.usatoday/story/680500001/
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

I am sure everything will be ok ? Nothing to worry about ? What about all those it is battering at the moment ? Sorry, but people sometimes need to look at the bigger picture
I agree but when people have vested interests in one particular area then that's what people will concern themselves with so yes it's terrible for this being hammered with it now but for those thinking Florida then yes, there is nothing to worry about yet
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
How many more sanctimonious individuals are going to come onto a trip planning forum specifically dedicated to hurricanes and pontificate about how everyone shouldn't be worried about their holidays when people are losing their lives/homes etc

I am sure everyone gets the message and can "think of the locals" when they wish to and without needing to qualify this in every post so they dont get attacked on a hurricane related trip planning forum.
If that was in response to my post I would love to know where I have suggested everyone shouldn't be worried about their own situation ? Quite the opposite. My point was that people need to think about others also, not JUST their own situation. The two are not mutually exclusive. The suggestion from some was that so long as it wasn't going to hit Florida, then all was well, which is a long way from the reality . I would be concerned if I had a holiday that may be affected. It's human nature.

If not, then glad I am not being attacked.
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 17, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Woodysroundup
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

If that was in response to my post I would love to know where I have suggested everyone shouldn't be worried about their own situation ? Quite the opposite. My point was that people need to think about others also, not JUST their own situation. The two are not mutually exclusive. The suggestion from some was that so long as it wasn't going to hit Florida, then all was well, which is a long way from the reality . I would be concerned if I had a holiday that may be affected. It's human nature.

If not, then glad I am not being attacked.
I appreciate your concern about others only worried about their own interests. That comment that you mentioned 'as long as it doesn't hit Florida' was mine and it was completely expected that someone was bound to play on it.

By nature, we as humans are selfish. No matter how we try to argue it, it's a fact. Our primary concern is ourselves in every decision that we make.

If we do something 'selflessly' then... well it's not selfless. We do things for reward and the reward that we get from doing something good is Dopamine. We all function on a mental and physical reward system.

I would be lying if I said I knew how people affected by Irma or any hurricane felt as I haven't experienced their hurt or situation to fully understand what they're going through. I can imagine but that's as good as I can do without being there and going through the losses.

It's better to focus on the positives rather than the negatives, otherwise we would all be miserable and moaning about silly things.

The positive would be Florida not getting hit, as so many people have invested in their holidays, taking time off to spend with their families, investing in a part of the US that's just been hit by a hurricane. They still need tourism as it will help them recover.

There's no point in anyone arguing on a forum as people will always have conflicting opinions and that's all they are... opinions.

Sorry for the long post... The parks in Orlando do some good coffee 😉
Woodysroundup is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List