Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 9 Oct 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Our fairytale day in the UK

I have always been a Disney fan having had Orlando holidays since I was a teenager. I met my now husband a few years ago and have successfully converted him into a Disney and Florida fan too! We would have loved to have had a Disney wedding but unfortunately his mum is not able to travel so this could not be. Instead we decided to have our fairytale day in the UK. It was absolutely perfect and I thought I would share a few of our Disney themed things with you.

Ceremony and wedding breakfast music:

We had a pianist who played when you wish upon a star as I walked down the aisle followed by beauty and the beast for the register signing. We had photos signing the register with a mickey head pen (subtle but looked so good!) and walked out to a whole new world from Aladdin. The Pianist played Disney songs throughout the drinks reception and the wedding breakfast. The guests were seated to Be Our Guest.

Cufflinks and Tiaras:

I bought the little flower girls Disney tiaras in the shop near the castle in the magic kingdom. They had hidden mickeys which the kids loved! I tried to find mickey cufflinks too but ended up ordering those from Etsy when we got home.

Table plan and names:

We made a Disney table plan ourselves and named each table after a different character. When we were on holiday in Disney in may we had a photo with each of these characters and put these on each table.

Favours:

Because our theme was pink we gave pink Hershey kisses as favours for the adults. However the kids all had Disney world colouring books and little gifts relating to the character on their table - for example PEZ Donald Duck sweets or Pluto chocolate coins. We had a lot of babies at the wedding and we found really cute little daisy ducks for them in Walmart. Cheap and super cute!

Cake Topper:

This was my favourite part - I found a lady on etsy who could make bride and groom cake toppers with little Mickey and Minnie hats plus a Star Wars light saber for the groom. It looked awesome and I will post when I sort a picture. My friend made the actual cake and pipped cute little hidden mickeys onto the middle tier.

First Dance

Had to be a Disney song and we chose 'can you feel the love tonight'! I was quite nervous about this part but managed to muddle through!

Fireworks

We made the last minute decision to have fireworks at the end of the wedding to Disney music over the lake at our wedding venue. This was the absolute highlight of our whole day - it was magical! We had beauty and the beast, a whole new world and circle of life. It was so emotional and a fantastic end to our day. We actually didn't have high expectations for this but it was so much better than expected, worth every single penny! We kept it secret from everyone too so was a nice surprise.

There were lots of other subtle little Disney references throughout the day. I will try to post some photos when I get a chance but thought I would share a few bits!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Here is the cake topper!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 17, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Claireylouise
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank you for the ideas! Sounds amazing! I’m currently planning my Disney themed wedding
Claireylouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List