Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tracymiami
Imagineer

tracymiami's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Max fast pass - what do we think?

Hey guys

Anyone used these at Disney and did they have problems at all as we are on UK phones?

Thanks

t xx
Orlando - Quality Inn International, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn Plaza, Wyndham Resort, Miami - Thunderbird, Clearwater - Sheraton Sand Key Resort, New York - Wardorf Astoria, Hawaii - Royal Lahaina, Moana Surfrider, Las Vegas - Cosmopolitan, Caesars Palace, The Linq, DL Paris - New York, Newport Bay (Feb 2020 ) California - Roadtrip
tracymiami is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

We used them in September and in general they worked well with UK phones. The wifi in the parks is a bit start/stop so when you get your fastpass set up take a screen shot of it to scan at the ride entrance. However, as I found out when I came home, there are wifi hotspots marked on the park maps. Also take a screen shot of your photopass code. We started booking fastpasses as soon as we were in the gates and by mid morning had done all the big rides once and had the chance to do them again. I would definitely recommend the Maxpass.
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tracymiami
Imagineer

tracymiami's Reviews
OK great thanks for the advice Jackie xx
Orlando - Quality Inn International, Rodeway Inn, Quality Inn Plaza, Wyndham Resort, Miami - Thunderbird, Clearwater - Sheraton Sand Key Resort, New York - Wardorf Astoria, Hawaii - Royal Lahaina, Moana Surfrider, Las Vegas - Cosmopolitan, Caesars Palace, The Linq, DL Paris - New York, Newport Bay (Feb 2020 ) California - Roadtrip
tracymiami is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I used it 2 weeks ago with no issues, I'm on Three feel at home roaming worked great. I forced it to only pick up on ATT as the data is better on that.

I thought it was well worth the $10 and saved us a load of time, we hardly stood in any line.

The only Issue I had was on the first-day it did not like my credit card. Went to city hall to get it sorted where the CM said to give it one more go before I look into it - and sod's law it worked!
Old 19 Feb 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tracymiami
Imagineer

tracymiami's Reviews
Thanks guys

t xx
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Sorry what is this, we were there in July 2016 and didn't know about it unless it's new, we go back in Oct so would love to know, thanks.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
We used them in September and in general they worked well with UK phones. The wifi in the parks is a bit start/stop so when you get your fastpass set up take a screen shot of it to scan at the ride entrance. However, as I found out when I came home, there are wifi hotspots marked on the park maps. Also take a screen shot of your photopass code. We started booking fastpasses as soon as we were in the gates and by mid morning had done all the big rides once and had the chance to do them again. I would definitely recommend the Maxpass.
Saw a tip the other day re the photopass code, they said to save it as you lock screensaver so that you don’t have to go to find the photo.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Saw a tip the other day re the photopass code, they said to save it as you lock screensaver so that you don’t have to go to find the photo.

Brilliant idea! I'm so not as tech savvy as I think I am - that would have been less hassle too. That's locked away now for future reference.
Old 23 Feb 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
WillSa6
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
Sorry what is this, we were there in July 2016 and didn't know about it unless it's new, we go back in Oct so would love to know, thanks.
Maxpass is new, it was only introduced last year. It costs $10 per person per day. It includes all your ride and photopass photos, plus you can book your fastpasses on the app, rather than have to walk round to the ride to get the paper fastpass. We used it last week and it was really worth it. The fastpass return times were better than if you were getting a paper fastpass, plus on one occasion I had 3 fastpass slots booked at once.

The only 2 things that can't be Maxpassed are World of Color and Fantasmic, it still requires you to physically scan the park tickets and get a paper fastpass for these 2 shows, but you can have these fastpasses from first thing in the morning and a reide fastpass at the same time.

As soon as your park ticket has been activated for the day, you can set it up. I will definitely use it again, as it saved us a stack of time.
WillSa6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Sorry to hijack your thread OP but just wondered if everyone in the party has to have maxpass or could just one adult do it?
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List