Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
chazb
Excited about Disney

Please, really need villa help

We have always stayed in hotels before but my husband wants to stay in a villa next year. As we are already going to Disney this year, we are on a tight budget.
I’m finding it really hard to find info online about each of the complexes the villas are on.

Here are a couple of areas that I have found villas I like if anyone can tell me a bit about them please

Eagle pointe south
Sunridge Woods
Lake Wilson preserve
Davenport lakes- Hillcrest

Any help would be gratefully received
chazb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Why not look at the dibb villa map and you will see most of those communities we stayed on Sunridge Woods and Davenport lakes before we bought
Have you anything you particularly want like community pool gated near supermarkets etc
I'm sure you will find the ideal villa
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoolah
Trying for More Ears

Agree that the Dibb villa map is a good starting point. You can see where all the communities are in relation to the parks.

Another thing I would say is make a list of must haves e.g. distance from certain parks, gated, communal facilities etc. But don’t stress too much! My other half booked a villa for our last trip via TripAdvisor without doing much (any) research on location etc. And although it wouldn’t have been my first choice (it was quite far east just off the 192) it was actually great and the villa was perfect.
Hoolah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

OOOHHHH I'm running a thread on this just now - ill go dig it out...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

here it is

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post13069854

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Location matters but quality of features matter more - focus on the villa itself. Have a look at this thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1025062.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

The important things in order of priority:
1. the villa itself - does it have the facilities you need and its location - next to a busy road/conservation etc
2. The location of the community - is it easy/quick to get to the things you want to go to? are there shops/supermarket/restaurants close by?
3. the community itself. Are there any communal facilities?

A good place to look, often overlooked on the Dibb, is GoogleMaps - go to each community, turn on the aerial photo and have a look around. If the community is not gated, then you can use Streetview to 'walk' round it.

If you are doing a Google search look for the community's HOA, who run the communal facilities.

To be honest, all communities are OK, modern and much the same. The other factors, 1 and 2, are far more important. Communities do differ in the communal facilities they offer - some have little or none, as private pools mean little need for communal pools. Regal Palms, on the other hand has more extensive facilities than most - we are a 'resort' with water slide/lazy river, gym, kid's playground, BBQ areas etc - but no private pools - but we aren't on your list
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Why not put a request in on the Dibb request section?
State intended dates, number in party, and then anything else you then you might want from the villa/community... privacy, southf acing pool, , gamesroom...proximity to..?
Browse through the selection you get back and then look up the areas/communities, on here also
good luck with all
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Haven't read rest but...
Having done villas through travel agents and booking personally and having done villas for 7 of the 20 odd visits to florida this is what I do now
Book personally direct with owner (via owners sites) two were through travel agents, absolutely awful!
1. Pick the villa type you want.
2. Then narrow that down to gated communities.
3. Then pick distance from where you want to go, OFTEN. So this may be just Disney parks, eatlng at villa. All parks, eating at all local restaurants etc
If you follow what your priorities are then follow your tick list you should find the perfect area
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List