Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 18, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

Oh please don't use any kind of cover! We were there a couple of years ago with our little girl in her stroller. It was pouring with rain and I put the rain cover on...not thinking of the heat as it was a bit cooler and rainy She was absolutely dripping with sweat when I checked on her after 15 mins She was ok but I dread to think if we'd wandered around for a good while without looking in on her.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharon190980 View Post
Oh please don't use any kind of cover! We were there a couple of years ago with our little girl in her stroller. It was pouring with rain and I put the rain cover on...not thinking of the heat as it was a bit cooler and rainy She was absolutely dripping with sweat when I checked on her after 15 mins She was ok but I dread to think if we'd wandered around for a good while without looking in on her.
Yes but that’s plastic with a very small amount of ventilation , it’s not the same as a mesh uv fabric
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We had one of the uv mesh covers for our pram last time as they are designed to let air flow through
We also had a pram fan, which actually was really good
When dd was asleep I just checked the temp (have an IR thermometer) every 10 min or so and it was fine
As soon as I could park in the shade I would lift the cover up
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Biggest recommendation is buying a pram fan, we have used them on really good for keeping kids cool especially when they are sleeping
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gadge
Proud to wear my Ears

Ops is my missus's account that I accidentally posted with since it was logged into my laptop.

For clarity we are talking about this type of thing which is apparently breathable.

amazon/Koo-Double-...70_&dpSrc=srch

snoozeshade/
Gadge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gadge View Post
Ops is my missus's account that I accidentally posted with since it was logged into my laptop.

For clarity we are talking about this type of thing which is apparently breathable.

amazon/Koo-Double-...70_&dpSrc=srch

snoozeshade/
It is . We had the single pushchair version ( we still have it actually although don’t need it anymore )
First used in Tenerife for a 4 month old and it was invaluable , then used it in fuerteventura and Florida . we also had a clip on fan underneath
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
My daughter bought like an extension hood to go on the buggy. Basically like an extension sun shade. It fitted over the hood over the buggy but had a wire extension that made it extend about another foot. This created loads of shade but as it extended forward it still meant that all the front of the pushchair was still open. Plenty of air flow and plenty of shade. She got it off Amazon
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jovial
Imagineer

jovial's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
My daughter bought like an extension hood to go on the buggy. Basically like an extension sun shade. It fitted over the hood over the buggy but had a wire extension that made it extend about another foot. This created loads of shade but as it extended forward it still meant that all the front of the pushchair was still open. Plenty of air flow and plenty of shade. She got it off Amazon
This is what I used too it was brilliant ! I still use it at home instead of an sun umbrella
jovial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We had a pram with a very low hood and then we used the clip on fan for extra ventilation.
We also used a frog tog towel on really hot days under the baby, but not when it's too wet, otherwise they just end up damp.
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

When I bought my “holiday pram” I made sure it had a really big hood. But before this i had considered the hood extender like someone above has mentioned

Didn’t think about a pram fan though! May get one now!
DisneyDreamer! is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List