Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

What is the better place to have my daughters dressed as princess at BBB?

Hello all

Just thinking about where I could have my daughters dress as princesses - is it best at Cinderella's castle or Disney Springs?

Just looking for your experiences for both venues.

Mark
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've only ever done the MK, and about 4 or 5 times, as it just feels like the right place to do it, being in the middle of the magic etc.

The little ones then get to be in the Most Magical Place on Earth (tm), riding rides and getting lots of positive attention.

I'm sure the Disney Springs experience itself is fine but the after-experience (shopping?) didn't feel right to us.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimdogg
Trying for More Ears

do you need tickets for the park before you go ahead and book at the castle?
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

My Granddaughter had hers in Disney Springs last June and it was fab,all nice and new and not manic,plenty of room for the rest of the family to watch.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Had my girls done at both mk and Disney Springs when they were younger, Disney Springs seemed a lot less rushed to me, as we went for a meal afterwards at Disney Springs and then onto a park.
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
spb_IRL
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Having done both, I'd agree that Disney Springs isn't as crowded in the transformation room , and the dressing room magic mirror was lovely. While it's nice to say you've been in Cinderella's Castle, my girls didn't seem bothered. The photo shoot at Disney springs is also superior. Benefit of being in MK is you are straight out to meet princesses. We had no wait at DS either, whereas we were waiting over 30 min at MK.
OKW & ? Oct 17
spb_IRL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Just to add..after we'd done the one at Disney Springs and had the photoshoot we then went to the Grand Floridian to take photos on the beach then got the resort launch to Magic Kingdom and still got to meet all the Princesses in Fairytale Hall,a lovely day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d say it’s best to do neither TBH they put a lot of makeup on them and hair stuff that I wouldn’t want to be washing out. I dressed my DD up at her request as a princess for Cinderella’s Royal Table multiple times when she was little and and she loved it. She also wanted to be out of that drsss and into her shorts with a cap on 10 seconds after every meal ended. When she was 10 she begged to do the Pirates makeover so we did. The make up was less glitter than the Princess do and the costume was obviously different. She enjoyed it but was still in the loos wiping the make up off three hours later. I’m not been a grump just giving the view you can probably save some money and give them as much fun via your own devices.
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We've done MK twice, and can't comment on DS, however the attention our daughter got in MK was amazing, especially from cast members and characters in the parade. I would recommend this one

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

DD done both, much prefer DS, seemed less of a "production line', loved the dressing room and photoshoot afterwards and you get a ticket to ride on carousel later in the day on their 'parade' although we didnt bother with going back for that, we headed to MK for DD to see princesses, no less attention from CMs etc. We too found the pirate makeover miles above both BBB and DS though, really fun, the girls were so funny and entertaining! Sirprise at the end. DD chose not to be pirate or a mermaid, but was wearing her jasmine outfit, but with the mermaid face, so looked a bit different to most, but still got loads of attention.