Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Aug 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
bullandog
Earning My Ears

Mobile Florida days before Disney advice

Hi everyone.

Looking for some advice, we travel to Florida mid this month and we have 3 days spare before checking in at Disney POFQ

We were looking for a nice beach for one day. Any advice? We have a car so travel is no problem.

Also considering Kennedy but have heard mixed reviews?

Anyone tried other things in Florida they can recommend?

Recommended Restaurants as well would help.

Thank for your help.
bullandog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Clearwater is absolutely beautiful we went down for the day but whilst there I really wished we had booked a few days it was so nice and relaxed.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I spent an overnight at Clearwater and although I couldn’t take my ECV with me and I couldn’t walk very far I still managed to walk to the beach to watch the sunset and go on The Little Toot boat to see the dolphins. I stayed at Pier House 60 hotel - nothing fancy but the Room was clean, the bed was amazing and the staff were lovely. There are other things to do there to, including an Acquarium and loads of restaurants.
Old 3 Aug 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Kennedy is brilliant and you could combine it with a day on Cocoa Beach. I'm more of a fan of the other side, beach wise. I love the gulf of mexico and Anna Maria Island is my happy place Its so relaxing, beautiful beach. Bradenton beach is nice too.

For something different De Leon Springs is beautiful and a great place for a swim.

St Augustine isn't too far away either (about 2 hours) and is a nice day out.
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Anna Maria Island. But don’t tell everyone. 😀
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We are going to do Kennedy one day, and Spirit of the Swamp airboat ride another. The Atlantis exhibition at Kennedy is excellent- we’ve always had good days out there.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i'd also vote for kennedy and a beach & as cocoa is close by i would have a couple of days over there

even if your not into space/science its hard not to be impressed by the shuttle/saturn V etc etc great day out

as above the gulf beaches are 'nicer' but save travel & stick to the east coast

imo if course
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We were going to do the beach, but decided we don't really get most out of it - couple of hours and we want some air con!

Instead we are doing Discovery Cove and Seaworld before checking into Disney.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List