Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jonesy_aj
Gone all Goofy

Going crazy over April 2019 flights!

What has everyone paid for flights in April 2019?

The best direct flight price I can get for 2 adults and 2 children is 2700 with Norwegian (Flex+).

I'm really tempted to just book so I can stop checking the internet on a daily basis (4/5 times a day!) and start booking ADRs etc...

What are your thoughts on the above price?
Jonesy_aj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Its more than I would want to pay to be honest. I dont go at Easter so cant really compare but we go in the summer holiday for just over 500 each, Aer Lingus via Dublin
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post

flight

if that's direct & includes luggage etc then, depending on your dates, I think that's good. We paid 2450 for an indirect BA fly drive next april(2a/2c coming back from tampa)) after daily searching from april til September! ... I never found anything less than about 850/900 for direct for my dates (5-22 april) from London/the southwest or the midlands although some people with different "easter "dates flying from the north/scotland did appear to do better deals-wise this year... but crucially its all dependant on what u call "easter" & whether direct is necessary for you. I think theres a point at which the time spent searching outways the cost!

Edited at 06:05 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Youve not said your dates so Im not sure if we can say if thats good or not but we fly 4-21 and have paid 1700 ish for indirect man-Miami so if your dates are around then, they sound about right to me.
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are flying out on Easter Sunday and that was the cheapest time we could find. But I guess if you're stuck with school hols that might be why they are so dear.
Old 10 Nov 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We paid 2550 NCL LHR MIA incl car (2 ad 2 ch) for our exact easter holidays 6th to 21st. I could have got it significantly cheaper travelling a few days earlier but didn't want to pull the kids out of school.
Skyscanner recently emailed me with 350 pp prices for my dates and I couldn't resist checking but the flight times were awful / very long so I don't actually think there has been anything better since we started looking at release day.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

We booked with Virgin out of Manchester (we live near heathrow so have booked hotel for the night before for 80 and premium parking was 50). 2 Adults, 1 eleven year old and a baby (no seat for baby). Economy Delight so we get extra legroom, extra miles and priority boarding, came to 2058. We leave Sunday 7 April (which is lucky as that was the last day for free dining!) and come back Tuesday 23 April - we have an inset day on Tuesday after Easter so our daughter is only missing 1 day of school.

We also didn't get this in a sale - I guess we got lucky? It is definitely less than we had budgeted and we hadn't budgeted for extra legroom seats either.

Hope you're able to find a good deal - Christmas Day and January sales may be good times to book, good luck!
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

We paid 1710 2adults 2 children (age 13 and 3). 26 March- 10 April 2019 Manchester to Orlando including check luggage with Virgin Atlantic

Edited to say - this is with our DS missing 3 days of school just before they break for Easter.

Edited at 08:11 PM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Do the airlines take part in the Black Friday deals? Is that event coming up very soon?
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Virgin Atlantic had a flight sale a few weeks ago over a weekend and i picked up flights for 299 p.p. including luggage flying direct from Manchester. I go April 28th to 17th May but they had flights for March,April and May including the Easter holidays. If you can wait it's Black Friday on 23rd Nov there might be some deals to be had then. Otherwise the boxing day sales. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List