Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by angelcake71 View Post
I agree that £500 for 2 weeks is definitely not enough..I don't know if the park tickets have all been bought and paid for, but that would be where I would be making my cut backs.. as you can only do so many parks in 14 days.. perhaps choose the favourite ones.. and not do them all..
yeah the park tickets are way too much for what they are doing but not much we can do now, they are bought and paid for. At least that's one worry they don't have.
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hopefully they’ll have money from their wedding.
We always take lots of snack in our suitcase, I even have to take porridge pots for my son 😂
Old 31 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamDisney
Getting Excited

I saw someone on another group mention a groupon for a pizza place yesterday. Is it CiCi's maybe? Not sure, anyway, it was like $8 or something! Yes, found the post. CiCi pizza buffet for two $8!

In terms of saving money between now and departure - yellow stickered food items in most supermarkets (or whoopsies, as others refer to them), and green stickered items in Lidl. For example, I picked up some pineapple chunks, loaf of bread and a pack of vegetable samosas in Lidl this morning for 20p each. Nothing wrong with them. At lunch time, I popped to Morrisons and picked up another loaf of bread (to go in the freezer), for 38p.

I didn't find any other real bargains in Morrisons today, but have had some corkers recently. When I find good ones, I buy as much as I will use and can freeze. We've had ready made chicken tikka meals from morries for 12p each before. Nothing wrong with them. And packs of two of the fresh chicken kievs at 75p per pack, big bag of parsnips for 12p (which I peeled, chopped and froze), fancy desserts for 50p (enough to feed 4). Etc. I also got loads of tinned Heinz alphabet sphagetti at 5p each once, as the best before date was up in a couple weeks. Nothing wrong with them.

It's possible to eat plenty on a very limited budget.
DreamDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

We did the a similar trip last year, Disney for2 weeks after 4 nights in Clearwater. I’d recommend a hire car, we chose car rental 8 . £466 for the 19 days, arriving TPA and leaving from MCO. This was for 4 people. Can save £ this time by parking at Disney springs and catching the bus?
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
They can get a Lynx bus 50 direct from Seaworld $2 each way and goes to the TTC at MK. That won't break the bank.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve stayed at the Doubletree twice without a car
We used Lynx buses you have to get up early as it takes around 45mins from the Renaissance which they can walk to in about 7/8 mins.
We buy 7 day passes from Golynx .com which are around $18 each
We also use Uber which is about $15 each way to Disney and as you link your account to a credit card they wouldn’t have to hand over any cash at the time it can be paid when you get home.
Get them to sign up for places like Sweet Tomatoes as they email you money off vouchers.
Old 31 May 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Thank you all, I really appreciate the tips and will pass them on - I really want them to have an amazing first time there!
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve budgeted £5k 😔
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Eloise73 View Post
Thank you all, I really appreciate the tips and will pass them on - I really want them to have an amazing first time there!
Unfortunately I just cannot see how they are going to have an amazing time on such a wholly inadequate budget.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

I really don't think it's possible we've just come back from a 'cheap' week and still somehow managed to spend $850.. pretty much all on food and a bit on petrol!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List