Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Not the cheapest by any means, but didn't want to connect in Europe or US after bad experience this year.

So BA Man LHR LGW MCO August 4th returning August 26th with Ford Escape. Two adults £1500 so £750 each.

Just as an aside though, we weren't offered a deposit, it had to be paid upfront in full. Never had to do this before.
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Connors Daddy
Very Serious Dibber

Just gone ahead with Aug 7th - 26th, Gatwick - Tampa direct, with intermediate SUV BA flydrive for pretty much bang on 3k. 2a and 2c (15 & 14).

Given fully insured car for nearly 3 weeks will be probably 6-800, I'm pretty happy with this. Only £350 deposit too.

Just don't tell my wife and kids yet...
Connors Daddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
buddy23
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
If you're able to use the first few days of September, you can get BA direct (with BA direct) to MCO...

Going out 19 or 20 August
Coming back 3 September

...for under £400 for an adult.
Yes i have seen these too! Looked at 19/8 - 2/9 Gatwick to Tampa direct £331 pp return (economy hand bag only) on skyscanner with BA via netflights. Got a quote for £1993 3 adults 2 teens and 1 11yo. Would be booking if going next year but just tracking prices for the following year!
buddy23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Not the cheapest by any means, but didn't want to connect in Europe or US after bad experience this year.

So BA Man LHR LGW MCO August 4th returning August 26th with Ford Escape. Two adults £1500 so £750 each.

Just as an aside though, we weren't offered a deposit, it had to be paid upfront in full. Never had to do this before.
To get the deposit option you need to price it as a package rather than flights then adding car. Same thing happened to m when I was looking.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Not zero chance. If it's on matrix it's out there.

You need to find an independent flightbooker and give them the matrix booking code.

We used to do this a lot but our last local indy closed this summer.
Tried last two years and nobody would match the matrix flights which were too good to be true!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ramit
Earning My Ears

Mobile

If you're able to use the first few days of September, you can get BA direct (with BA direct) to MCO...

Coming back 3 September

Yes though it’s a more expensive today. I got 2 adults and 2 children 19th to 2nd with 4 checked in bags for 1500 yesterday - today about 200 more. But still a great price
ramit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sammgx
New Poster (2)

Mobile

Hi everyone - complete newbie here!
Found direct flights for our dates with Thomas cook at £380pp including 23kg luggage.

LGW-MCO 5th Sep
MCO-LGW 20th Sep

Would anyone else book at this price or do you think it’s best to wait until the virgin/BA flights are released for our dates?
sammgx is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammgx View Post
Found direct flights for our dates with Thomas cook at £380pp including 23kg luggage.

LGW-MCO 5th Sep
MCO-LGW 20th Sep

Would anyone else book at this price or do you think it’s best to wait until the virgin/BA flights are released for our dates?
If it were me I’d wait for Virgin as they’re my preferred airline. I’d expect to pay around that for those dates with them.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Coming back 3 September

I booked 22/8-2/9 yesterday for family as I was shocked they’ve started the off peak pricing from the 2nd this year, normally it’s the 3rd/4th. I booked as adding a car knocked £100 off! But they didn’t want a car, so I messed around with hotels. Added a night at the Gatwick Hilton and 4 nights at the Hard Rock for an extra £800 over the flight prices. Saved around £300 over the cheapest prices for those hotels elsewhere. Love the extra bargains you can get with BAs complex itinerary’s bit. It’s about £250 more today.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sammgx View Post

LGW-MCO 5th Sep
MCO-LGW 20th Sep

My preference is not to take a gamble with Thomas Cook given recent financial difficulties but that's just me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List