Notices

Old 20 Mar 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I think right now the best thing is to just plan as normal. We could be seeing things getting back to normal is 8 weeks or it could be 28 weeks who knows but by planning if it is OK by the time of travel you have all your plans anyway? I hope that makes sense? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you're booking your ADRs. Of course you should! I hope you get to enjoy eating at each of the restaurants in 6 months time.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hey everyone!

I thought I’d do an update as I’ve been MIA the past couple of weeks! It’s been strange trying to work out a new routine as I’m sure it has been for everyone! The bonus I can see from being at home? Getting all those jobs done that you never have time to do when your working and in a normal life routine! I’ve been following some pre trip reports as I think it’s nice to be able to dream Disney if nothing else!

So about our trip, I know everyone is probably thinking why is she so worried her trips ages away yet. Yes it is but with how the situation is going I just don’t think we will be going this September. I’m not being negative about the situation so let me explain my thought process a little further. Even if the parks open in June/July it won’t be the “normal” Disney we know and love. There will be changes to keep people safe and maybe a soft opening of each park before getting back to normal? I imagine not every ride and restaurant will open straight away and I can also see the capacity of the parks being lowered dramatically. These are all just my thoughts so none of this could be true however if it was is there any likelihood someone staying offsite is going to get first dibs entering the parks, I sadly think not and for good reason people staying on site pay extra for perks! With this being said we would much rather wait a little longer and be able to return to the parks once all of this has had time to settle more if that makes sense? We aren’t however cancelling the trip. We will continue to keep the holiday booked and monitor the situation. Disney have been amazing with refunds and rebooking at no extra cost so I think no matter what we will be ok. If we have the option to move the holiday at no extra cost nearer the time I believe we may well do that! However if it was the difference between losing all our money or going we defiantly would go!

I’m not looking at this as a negative but a positive. We will 100% go back no matter what, so if it isn’t September we will make it our mission to return next year! I’ve discussed with Ryan and said if we don’t get this year I’d like us to pay for something extra while we are out there to make up for it. I’m not sure what yet though maybe another meal or a tour or a dessert party who knows but if you have any ideas please let me know. I’m going to continue to plan the holiday as the plan will be the same no matter what! If it is next year it will just have to be bigger and better!

I hope this didn’t come off too negatively, I know a lot of people are trying to stay positive about their trips and I’m in no way trying to make this negative but a positive to say no matter what we will be going back to Disney! I mean it’s the happiest place on earth right!

To keep ourselves happy and thinking of Disney me and my friend have been playing a little game and I hope you all will play with me too! I ask for a list of your favourite Disney things and answer myself and see which gets the most points. I hope you’ll join in and I hope it gets you thinking Disney and forgetting everything else even if it’s for a short while 😁.

So first up: Top 5 quick service restaurant

Mine are
1. Satuli canteen
2. Yak and Yeti
3. Earl of sandwich
4. Wolf gang puck
5. Be our guest (lunch only)

I look forward to seeing your answers 😁
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I'm happy to stay positive, at the moment no one knows so we may as well dream. I like your idea of adding on a special treat if you have to delay your trip.

I'll join in with the top 5s. Hmm...quick service. That's tough. Ok here goes

1. Tangierine cafe
2. Flametree BBQ
3. Columbia Harbour House
4. The Mexican QS at Epcot, I can't remember what it's called, perhaps if you can't remember the name you're not allowed to pick it though
5. Blaze Pizza

But I reckon if you asked me on a different day I would probably give different answers.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm happy to stay positive, at the moment no one knows so we may as well dream. I like your idea of adding on a special treat if you have to delay your trip.

I'll join in with the top 5s. Hmm...quick service. That's tough. Ok here goes

1. Tangierine cafe
2. Flametree BBQ
3. Columbia Harbour House
4. The Mexican QS at Epcot, I can't remember what it's called, perhaps if you can't remember the name you're not allowed to pick it though
5. Blaze Pizza

But I reckon if you asked me on a different day I would probably give different answers.
I agree and what better than to dream of Disney! I came up with the idea but can’t actually think of anything to add on! I’m sure I can come up with something!

Your list is very interesting! I have wanted to try Tangierina cafe for a while! I must get round to doing that!
I do love flame tree BBQ but the birds do put us off slightly! I think you’ve got an interesting mix going on there, defiantly haven’t picked the obvious ones!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
I agree and what better than to dream of Disney! I came up with the idea but can’t actually think of anything to add on! I’m sure I can come up with something!

Your list is very interesting! I have wanted to try Tangierina cafe for a while! I must get round to doing that!
I do love flame tree BBQ but the birds do put us off slightly! I think you’ve got an interesting mix going on there, defiantly haven’t picked the obvious ones!
Hmm, what direction were you thinking of going in? There's lots of top 5s you could do? Were you thinking of sticking with food? Or would you add on attractions? shows? characters? shops? I could literally go on and on. Not wanting to steal your thunder or your ideas, so what about your top 5 places to watch fireworks?

I'll tell you mine

1. Germany for watching Illuminations (I know it's gone, but we've not seen the other shows so I'm going on experience), it's much quieter than the 'front' of World Showcase where most people are standing
2. From the MK bus stop, ok so this sounds weird, but if we're not planning on watching the fireworks that day and have left the park I love it when the fireworks are going off as we're waiting for the resort bus
3. Top of the Contemporary - that was brilliant watching HEA during dinner at Cali Grill
4. While riding a ride - on our first trip we ended up with a 7DMT FP late at night, the fireworks went off, it was totally unexpected and pretty cool.
5. My favourite all time watching of fireworks - the resort to MK boat. We'd had dinner at Narcoossee's at GF and the boat to MK goes via the Poly, so we were heading over the lake as the fireworks were going off. Awesome view.

I hope you indulge me and share yours x

Old 13 Apr 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Hmm, what direction were you thinking of going in? There's lots of top 5s you could do? Were you thinking of sticking with food? Or would you add on attractions? shows? characters? shops? I could literally go on and on. Not wanting to steal your thunder or your ideas, so what about your top 5 places to watch fireworks?

I'll tell you mine

1. Germany for watching Illuminations (I know it's gone, but we've not seen the other shows so I'm going on experience), it's much quieter than the 'front' of World Showcase where most people are standing
2. From the MK bus stop, ok so this sounds weird, but if we're not planning on watching the fireworks that day and have left the park I love it when the fireworks are going off as we're waiting for the resort bus
3. Top of the Contemporary - that was brilliant watching HEA during dinner at Cali Grill
4. While riding a ride - on our first trip we ended up with a 7DMT FP late at night, the fireworks went off, it was totally unexpected and pretty cool.
5. My favourite all time watching of fireworks - the resort to MK boat. We'd had dinner at Narcoossee's at GF and the boat to MK goes via the Poly, so we were heading over the lake as the fireworks were going off. Awesome view.

I hope you indulge me and share yours x
Oh no defiantly I was thinking too 5 attractions, top 5 hotels and so on! There’s so many to do 😁 no by all means carry on I love hearing people’s answers! Oh now that is a good one didn’t think of that! Ok let’s have a think then 🤔

1. California grill has got to be up there! It’s just a fantastic view without the crowds! I know you don’t get to see the projections but the music and fireworks is enough for me!
2. On the bridge going towards the boardwalk - ok so a little strange one and you don’t see everything due to the trees however we left Epcot to meet our friends and watched illuminations here before walking to Hollywood studios and watching the Star Wars fireworks from the path! Not amazing views but it’s a different experience especially if you’ve seen them so many times before!
3. I found near France a great spot for illuminations too! We always try and get round to this end of the world showcase before fireworks start!
4. I agree with your during a ride one, we did big thunder mountain and it was so much fun riding and trying to watch them at the same time 🙈
4. So here’s a random one for you, haven’t tried it since wished but behind the castle. I know that sounds really strange but we watched wishes from behind the castle. You miss the projections but we’d seen it normally a few nights before so it didn’t matter too much. You get to see the fireworks closer and still here the music! It wasn’t crowded and people were just sitting down and enjoying the experience. It truely was a magical time and you really wouldn’t have expected it due to the location!

So here’s another one for you! Money is no object top 5 things you’d like to do/try ie tours hotels ect
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
I’ve been thinking about my Top 5 must do’s if money was no object
1. I’d love to stay at the poly’s water villas! At roughly 2k a night it’s a complete dream but just imagine staying there and watching the fireworks from your villa on the waterfront. I couldn’t think of anything better!

2. Id like to do the monorail crawl with food! I know it’s not a big expensive but going round buying starters mains desserts and drinks in each place will add up money wise especially if you go to places like California grill!

3. I love the animal kingdom backstage tours. I’d like to do a vip tour around animal kingdom getting to ride flight of passage without waits and just being personally guided around really!

4. I’d like to be able to complete the parkeology challenge. Nothing to do with money but more park hours and unable to ride certain rides! I’d love to give it a good go but I think it also depends on the time of year you go!

5. I can’t think of a 5th thing I’d really want to do 🤔
Old 17 Apr 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I've been thinking about this latest challenge a lot! If money is no object then I could go really wild so, here goes!

1. Buy DVC so that I could own some of the magic and know that each trip when they said welcome home at check in it would really mean welcome home!
2. Join club 33, if you've not heard of it then give it a Google. Very exclusive club, I'd love to be a member.
3. Stay in Cinderella's castle. I believe there is a special suite in there and I'd love to sleep inside the castle.
4. Do a coast to coast trip all in one day. Nevermind 4 parks in 1 day, I'd like to do the East coast parks in the morning then get in my private jet and do the West coast parks in the evening.
5. Hire out MK for a massive party, I'd basically invite anyone that loves Disney as I'd only want people who loved it to be there, yes that means everyone that knows me on the Dibb is invited.

Now, realistically none of those are going to happen! But hell, we can dream right?

Old 17 Apr 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
I've been thinking about this latest challenge a lot! If money is no object then I could go really wild so, here goes!

1. Buy DVC so that I could own some of the magic and know that each trip when they said welcome home at check in it would really mean welcome home!
2. Join club 33, if you've not heard of it then give it a Google. Very exclusive club, I'd love to be a member.
3. Stay in Cinderella's castle. I believe there is a special suite in there and I'd love to sleep inside the castle.
4. Do a coast to coast trip all in one day. Nevermind 4 parks in 1 day, I'd like to do the East coast parks in the morning then get in my private jet and do the West coast parks in the evening.
5. Hire out MK for a massive party, I'd basically invite anyone that loves Disney as I'd only want people who loved it to be there, yes that means everyone that knows me on the Dibb is invited.

Now, realistically none of those are going to happen! But hell, we can dream right?

Oh now why didn’t I think of DVC! That probably would be my third! We looked into it on our September trip but decided we should probably buy a house before a part of Disney 😂 I think I went a little too realistic with my answers I think most of mine are very much possible looking at your list!