Notices

Old 18 Apr 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I certainly did go big with my top 5 didn't I? Originally I thought of the things that I want to do but can't quite squeeze out of my budget, like we've never done a dessert party and I'd love to do one of them. Also the behind the scenes tours always look fun and we've never done any of them either. The other thing on my list was to visit at Christmas time as that would be magical to see all the trees, but as you saw in the end I went very big with my ideas.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I certainly did go big with my top 5 didn't I? Originally I thought of the things that I want to do but can't quite squeeze out of my budget, like we've never done a dessert party and I'd love to do one of them. Also the behind the scenes tours always look fun and we've never done any of them either. The other thing on my list was to visit at Christmas time as that would be magical to see all the trees, but as you saw in the end I went very big with my ideas.
You did 😂 but I did say if money was no object 🙈 oh you should defiantly do a dessert party! I’ve done two and really enjoyed them! I’d like to see the Christmas decorations but I’m not sure how I feel about actually being there at Christmas time!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Tickets

I know is a difficult time to get excited as we are all unsure whether our holidays are going ahead or not however... I’m definitely excited today! Look what arrived in the post! 😁😁

I’ve used Attraction Tickets every visit we’ve been on and never been disappointed! They post out real tickets so you don’t have to wait in queues when you get there and it all comes in a lovely little folder!

We got a really good deal with these tickets, 3 park explorer tickets for Universal for 14 days and 14 day hopper tickets for Disney. All at kids price! At the time of the offer they were also giving $20 gift card per person and a $20 planet Hollywood gift card as well as free memory maker! All for a deposit of £25 per person.

Our final balance wasn’t due until August however a couple of weeks ago Attraction Tickets reached out to me to explain the current situation. We could leave our tickets as they were and pay in August as planned however if the trip wasn’t able to go ahead and we needed to move the tickets to next year we would have to pay the difference between 2020 ticket price and 2021 ticket price or if we paid the balance by the start of April the tickets would stay the same price but stay valid until end of 2021! It seemed like a no brainer to us. We were going to pay for the tickets at some point this year anyway so we may as well pay now and secure the price we originally got rather than waiting and then having to pay extra!

Fast forward a couple of weeks later and they’ve arrived! It’s an exciting feeling as even though we aren’t sure when we are going the tickets are just proof that we will be at some point 😁 eekkk
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I hope you are well. I haven't been on the dibb for a couple of months as I haven't really wanted to do any planning or think about our holiday. I will have a think and post some of my top 5s later.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say hi and that I hope you are well. I haven't been on the dibb for a couple of months as I haven't really wanted to do any planning or think about our holiday. I will have a think and post some of my top 5s later.
Hi Good to hear from you again! i hope you are well? I havent been on much myself but feel i am able to make more time to come on and read! I look forward to hearing some of your top 5's
Old 27 May 20, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Big update

Hey everyone

I thought it was about time I did an update. I feel like I've not spent as much time on the Dibb recently. I've been so busy at work that by the time I've come home and had my tea all I wanted to do was sleep

I've tried to keep up to date on everyones reports as much as I can and its great to see so many people still updating them even if it is for positivity rather than anything else.

We've been doing bits in the garden and housework with our spare time to keep us busy and I've been doing some training to do with work. How is everyone else doing?

So onto the main part of the update... Our September holiday has been cancelled. Well maybe cancelled is the wrong word we've rebooked I dont feel sad about it either I feel extremely excited and positive about it all. I've had in my head from the start that we wouldn't be able to go this year as soon as the lockdown started so in my head the trip was already cancelled if that makes sense. The fact we now have new dates and I can start planning again just makes it feel super excited.

I know some people may think why did we rebook when theres still a chance we could go? well the thing that made us make the decision really was the cruise. The final payment date was a week away and we couldn't decided whether to pay it and risk it being cancelled or us losing money if they thought we could go and we didn't feel confident or see if we could move it.

We decided based on a number of things really, if we went would we be worried about the virus, would we enjoy our holiday that we've spent time and money (a lot of it) on when the parks will be in the beginning of the return stages, would be cope wearing a mask in September heat, did we want to risk being on a plane for 9 hours. The answer to most these questions were no and therefore we decided we should rebook for next year. Yes it will be busy and yes we still may have to social distances and wear masks however my logic is that by that point they will have set plans in place, know how deal with the new "normal" and set out the social distancing and more things may be open? Thats the logic anyway.

I'm excited about the new plans. What I cant decided and maybe you can all help me with this. Do I start my new plans in this pre trip report or do I create another one?

I know i've said all the plans would stay the same but they've already changed Let me know what you think would be the best option and then i can start with the real updates
Old 27 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It's good to see you back. I hope you are well. I think you should keep your new plans on this thread but maybe put a link to the start of the new plans on the first page so people can jump straight to that point if they would like to.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So lovely to see you again ❤️ I agree with Jo 😊 I think that's what I'm gonna do too, save making a whole new report and people having to subscribe again 🙄 😂 x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It's good to see you back. I hope you are well. I think you should keep your new plans on this thread but maybe put a link to the start of the new plans on the first page so people can jump straight to that point if they would like to.
I’m not too bad thank you! Hope your and your family are ok? Ok thank
You for letting me know! Seems a shame to get rid of this trip report so happy to hear people would like to keep the new plans on here 😁

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So lovely to see you again ❤️ I agree with Jo 😊 I think that's what I'm gonna do too, save making a whole new report and people having to subscribe again 🙄 😂 x
Hope you are well? ❤️ Perfect think that’s what I will do then 😁 I really didn’t like the thought of creating a new name, new report and starting all over again! I’m excited to restart the planning 🙈 few bits are already done so will update you on it soon 😊
Old 29 May 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you do keep this trip report, that was a good idea of Jo to put a link at the start to the new part so you don't put off new posters who don't want to read about a trip that wasn't meant to be. I'm sad your trip has been delayed but with the unknown about cruises starting up I think moving it was the best idea for you. I'm looking forward to getting back to proper trip planning and not this limbo we're in at the moment.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List