Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 May 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile Are there any Aulani trip reports on here?

Been scrolling through but can’t find any, can anyone point me in the right direction. I’d love to read one!
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Natsy Noo didn’t stay there but did visit and took lots of photos.

We’ve been a few times but I’m too lazy to do a trippie. Happy to help with any questions though
Old 6 May 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Natsy Noo didn’t stay there but did visit and took lots of photos.

We’ve been a few times but I’m too lazy to do a trippie. Happy to help with any questions though
That’s really kind of you, thank you, I’m particularly interested to see peoples itinerary’s whilst there what excursions/trips they done from Aulani. Anything that involves wildlife in particular!
Old 6 May 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tesh11 View Post
That’s really kind of you, thank you, I’m particularly interested to see peoples itinerary’s whilst there what excursions/trips they done from Aulani. Anything that involves wildlife in particular!
I’m not sure we did anything specifically for wildlife (unless you mean like seeing turtles? We epically failed on that on Oahu but saw lots on Big Island).

We did lots of things that had wildlife as a side benefit I guess, but our itinerary included:

Pearl Harbour
Various other military locations like Punchbowl
North Shore / Hailewa
Drove around the whole island
Drove past Dole plantation but not our thing so didn’t call in, would have done if had kids with us
Diamond head
Various other hikes across the island
Most of the historic sites around Honolulu (Palaces etc)
Some of the formal / botanical gardens, I forget the names but happy to look up if helps?)
Chinatown
Loads of wandering along many different beaches
Lots of wandering around Waikiki, bar hopping, poke eating, bit of shopping, did the Duke walk thing
Byodo-in-Temple
Snorkelling - fish and sea life everywhere!

As a start! We had a car and drove ourselves around. As such we didn’t do any organised tours (though we did on Big Island and Maui and there was wildlife on all of those, I guess because they build it in to make the trip feel better value)?

The fish ponds on Big Island are amazing and there are crazy chickens everywhere in Maui but I guess that’s not what you are after!

We didn’t do any of this from Aulani. We tend to stay in Waikiki at a much cheaper hotel to do touring as Aulani is so expensive I prefer to keep the stay there short and focus on enjoying the resort. We’ve tended to use the DVC points we saved by doing this towards other accommodation.

Not sure I’ve been very helpful with that list For your wildlife request
Old 6 May 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I’m not sure we did anything specifically for wildlife (unless you mean like seeing turtles? We epically failed on that on Oahu but saw lots on Big Island).

We did lots of things that had wildlife as a side benefit I guess, but our itinerary included:

Pearl Harbour
Various other military locations like Punchbowl
North Shore / Hailewa
Drove around the whole island
Drove past Dole plantation but not our thing so didn’t call in, would have done if had kids with us
Diamond head
Various other hikes across the island
Most of the historic sites around Honolulu (Palaces etc)
Some of the formal / botanical gardens, I forget the names but happy to look up if helps?)
Chinatown
Loads of wandering along many different beaches
Lots of wandering around Waikiki, bar hopping, poke eating, bit of shopping, did the Duke walk thing
Byodo-in-Temple
Snorkelling - fish and sea life everywhere!

As a start! We had a car and drove ourselves around. As such we didn’t do any organised tours (though we did on Big Island and Maui and there was wildlife on all of those, I guess because they build it in to make the trip feel better value)?

The fish ponds on Big Island are amazing and there are crazy chickens everywhere in Maui but I guess that’s not what you are after!

We didn’t do any of this from Aulani. We tend to stay in Waikiki at a much cheaper hotel to do touring as Aulani is so expensive I prefer to keep the stay there short and focus on enjoying the resort. We’ve tended to use the DVC points we saved by doing this towards other accommodation.

Not sure I’ve been very helpful with that list For your wildlife request
That’s definitely something to get started with! Thanks so much