Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 May 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Once Upon A Dream - Our Disneymoon May 2019 - DAY 13

Saturday 18th May

We (well, erm, I) planned to be up by 8 today so that we could have breakfast and get to Hollywood Studios for opening, but I slept through the alarm - oops! I don't think I've ever slept so deeply as I have here - being physically exhausted at the end of every day probably has something to do with it!

We grab a quick food court breakfast (a bagel and pastry with drinks). We still have quite a few meal credits left so we have been able to convert snacks to meals in order to use them up. While we are eating, a cast member comes up to congratulate us as she has noticed our 'Happily Ever After' badges and we explain that it's our honeymoon. She thanks us for choosing to share our honeymoon with them at Port Orleans and Disney, then leaves, and we think that's that.

DH leaves to go and pick some stuff up from the room and we agree to meet in the lobby. While he's gone, the kind cast member returns with a special cupcake and two glasses of sparkling wine! I feel too awkward to say my DH has already left, so I have a few sips of the wine (a very kind gesture but a bit much to handle at 9 in the morning!) and then rush around looking for a box to carry the cupcake out with me!

We get to Hollywood Studios and ride Star Tours on our way to our FP for Slinky. I'm really glad we have a Fast Pass for this - it's a fun little ride but not worth waiting 90 minutes in my opinion.

We still have quite a while before our FP for RocknRollercoaster so we decide to get in the queue and wait it out for Toy Story Mania. It's a really long wait but we have nothing else to do - and when we do get on, I improve my score hugely from last time, so I am happy!

Then we head off to ride RnR - I feel a bit sick before getting on, but enjoy it much more this time around. I even keep my eyes open.

After this, we go and watch the Beauty & The Beast live show. Watching this show is one of my most vivid memories from visiting as a child, so it's really special to me. It's also lovely just to be sitting down in the shade for a while, snacking on our favourites; a Mickey ice cream and a frozen lemonade.

I get a bit over excited to see Lumiere on stage (he's my all time favourite) and at the end, when we are clapping, I shout "I love you Lumiere!" while my DH cracks up laughing. I still can't believe I actually did that...

We put in a mobile food order for Fairfax Fare so it would be ready for us after the show. DH has the empanadas platter and I have the chicken rice bowl. It's nice but I can't eat it all.

From there we head over to RnR again and go in the single rider queue - it probably takes about 45 minutes to get through. I love it again, and feel my bravery levels have hugely increased since arriving!

Then we go and watch the Indiana Jones show, and finish with a visit to the Star Wars Launching Bay - which we could have skipped, in hindsight, but never mind.

After a bit of a wait for a bus, we get back to the resort for about 5pm, stopping off for some cookies and chips which we eat in the room. I have a bit of time just chilling in the air conditioning before joining DH by the pool.

Showered and refreshed, we then head off to Magic Kingdom for the evening. We use a FP for Goofy's Barnstormer (not sure why we wanted to use a FP on this but hey ho!) - though when we get there it breaks down, so we end up with an additional FP to use later.

It's wonderful to be at Magic Kingdom in the evening. It's still very busy but feels manageable, and the temperature is lovely. We grab some food at Columbia Harbour House which is just OK, then we ride Thunder Mountain twice in a row which is awesome in the dark!

We just enjoy walking around soaking up the atmosphere. Tomorrowland Speedway has just re-opened so we have a go on this - what a let down! Definitely don't enjoy this as much as I did when I was 10...

We grab some drinks and then go and watch Mickey's Philharmagic which I absolutely LOVE. It makes me feel all glowy and warm and magical inside.

We finish with Astro Orbiter, then head out of the park at around 11.30, stopping to take some pictures of Main Street on the way out, with a last look at the castle. DH turns to me and says, "Don't worry, we will be back again." And my heart fills up - my tactic of turning him into a Disney addict has worked! Woohoo!

We get straight onto a bus to go back to the resort. Feeling pretty upbeat even though we've had a really busy day and we are shattered. We plan on having a lie in and a pool day tomorrow before heading to Epcot for our last evening.

Fall asleep as soon as I get into bed!

Edited at 03:49 PM.
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fab day, love Hollywood Studios
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great day lots done and such a lovely thing for the CM to do for you even though it was a bit early for wine.