Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 May 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Santorini

As Florida is not an option for us next year I’ve been thinking of possible new destinations. I’ve always fancied Santorini but never got round to experiencing. Don’t know where to start! Any ideas on towns/areas/hotels? Many thanks xxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I went to Santorini about 16 years ago, way before it was really really popular! It's a beautiful island, and the locals are so friendly. We stayed in a little village called Perivolos, there were a few beach bars and restaurants, but there was a town called Perissa which had more going on. Oia, the capital is stunning, and the sunsets are worth it! There is another resort called Karami which is quite popular.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

My friend and I went Greek island hopping last year. Flew into Athens down to Piraeus then Mykonos Naxos and Santorini. I've been to Greece quite few times over the years and due to go again Not in 2 weeks. While I'm so glad I've been to Santorini it's not somewhere I would rush back to. Theres much less touristy beautiful greek places in my opinion. We stayed in Perissia it wasnt pretty but we couldn't afford where we would have liked to have stayed. Pyrogos was my favourite. Oia beautiful but rammed.
Old 24 May 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Many thanks xx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

We got married in Santorini 17 years ago so things will have changed!
We spent a week staying in Imerovigli overlooking the caldera and a week in Kamari with is more beachy.
Perissa is on the other side of the mountain to Kamari. Beaches are volcanic but I believe Perissa is better than Kamari in that respect.
Its beautiful. There is a cliff walk from Oia through Imerovigi and into Thira the capital, we often walked one way and jumped on the bus back the other way.
Thira can be very busy when a cruise ship is in, Oia is perfect to watch the sunset but its beautiful from other parts too.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went for the day on a cruise last year and would love to go and spend a week. We went from thira to oia and fell in love with it and would love to stay there, some of the hotels look stunning but very expensive I am sure.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List