Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 May 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
Like most people it seems, we are undecided whether to proceed with our August trip (even if we are allowed) but the cost of cancelling / postponing is scary. we booked DIY so if the flight is going, we will lose the 2.5k for that (we are flying BA and their amendment scheme only runs for flights to July 31) and if we cancel our Disney booking, that will be a 15% fee, and if we sit and wait much longer to decide, that goes to 25% after our 60 day date

That’s potentially £4000 down the drain!

So stressful
We are the same, we have 14 of us going and have gone DIY. The next payment is due next week and we just don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure both the BA and Disney parts will let us move, but can't guarantee that.

General consensus yesterday was pay and see what happens, looking today though and "rumours" are shows such as Fantasia / Lion King aren't going to be on, add in no water parks, no fireworks, no character meets and limited hours and personally I think for the money we are going to be paying it's not going to be worth it.

Just wish Disney has put out a phased plan clearly detailing what is going to be running, as it is we are having to try and second guess what is going to happen.
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Park hours have reduced hours but water parks are on it seems
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

With Disney’s opening plans revealed yesterday I feel happy and sad all at the same time. Really trying hard to cling on to positivity and keep this post positive! We will still go if our flight is going and we will make it the best holiday possible. There is a BUT though... Disney on-site accommodation, tickets and dining plan are so expensive and if Disney offer no incentive or discount on account of the reduced experience do we still want to pay the full cost? I’m loathe to take Disney away from my kids who are so so excited but maybe we’ll change our plans and head for the gulf coast. Or approach Disney about the ticket costs? For now we’ll wait and see as we have a little more time to make a decision. A lot can change in a few weeks!

Stay positive peeps! 🤞🌈☀️

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
General consensus yesterday was pay and see what happens, looking today though and "rumours" are shows such as Fantasia / Lion King aren't going to be on, add in no water parks, no fireworks, no character meets and limited hours and personally I think for the money we are going to be paying it's not going to be worth it.

Just wish Disney has put out a phased plan clearly detailing what is going to be running, as it is we are having to try and second guess what is going to happen.
We are on the same boat. But we actually due to arrive on the week it’s open. After finding out Disney opening date. I found out one of my connecting flight MIGHT be cancel. BA is offering me refund for my flights. Should I take it as a hint n take my money ?

I have remain positive and determine to go up to today. Like u said. What so much not happening in Disney , what is our money paying for?
Now I don’t know what to do.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

We have decided to move our holiday to next summer, a West Coast/Hawaii adventure.

This summer's holiday will now be Crete if possible.

The decision is more about wanting to do the West Coast next year, and we can move our flights to help with this, rather than not wanting to do Florida this year.

Personally, I would have an issue with the masks. I don't like wearing them at the best of times, never mind summer Florida heat and humidity. Rix Flix is a vlogger who reports daily on Universal news - he said the mask experience was awful. That was in Spring and he's an acclimatised local.

For those still going in August, I would still have hope. The Disney open plans for July are based on Phase 1 guidelines and are restricted as such. If Florida move through the Phases quickly, then it will be a lot easier for Disney to react to those changes than it has been to get the Park Phase 1 ready. I mean how hard is it to state that face masks are no longer mandatory?

All being well, I fully expect the picture to look a lot more positive for those travelling in August, and we will be thoroughly jealous and sad that we didn't wait it out. Good luck peeps
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I feel like I'm losing my positivity gang

So sorry for all of you who have decided it's the end of the line for your summer 2020 Disney dreams, but I'm sure you will doubly appreciate it when you do finally drive under the 'Where Dreams Come True' sign once again
Old 28 May 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
elam
New Poster (4)

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Aww bless you. Getting married is such a big occasion. Have you tried to move your dates as a lot of the airlines are letting people do this?

Kat
We have looked at that, and the airline will only move to as far as October at the moment, and that’s not reeeally much help!
elam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I go on a couple of American FB pages and have been reading about masks. The union that CMs belong to insisted that CMs and guests wearing masks be mandatory so it's written into the CMs contracts. The CMs who post on those pages all say they weren't asked to vote on it, it was forced on them by the union. If I'd booked economy flights I'd cancel and take the hit. But I decided to treat myself and go premium economy outwards and business class homewards (BA). So I have a choice of going on a holiday where I won't be able to breathe or losing quite a lot of money.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I go on a couple of American FB pages and have been reading about masks. The union that CMs belong to insisted that CMs and guests wearing masks be mandatory so it's written into the CMs contracts. The CMs who post on those pages all say they weren't asked to vote on it, it was forced on them by the union. If I'd booked economy flights I'd cancel and take the hit. But I decided to treat myself and go premium economy outwards and business class homewards (BA). So I have a choice of going on a holiday where I won't be able to breathe or losing quite a lot of money.
Could you move the BA flights?
Old 28 May 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
snail999
Trying for More Ears

snail999's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
There will be a treatment by then, vaccine will be available as well. Most people will have cancelled and August will see the parks return to normal with the lowest crowds in decades. We are also booked to go then as well !

😀😀😀😀
How long have you been an expert in diseases?
snail999 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List