Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And the old folks are coming again - Day 13

Day Thirteen - Tuesday 20th October

After yesterday’s excitement , DM was still not her normal self today and was under doctors orders to rest anyway and DF & DM insisted that DH & I leave them at the house and head off to do our own thing. Firstly we headed over to Wal-Mart to make sure they had enough provisions for the day and we headed off to do some shopping.

First stop was DHS as we had spotted a photo frame here for some friends who had asked us to get them ‘any’ photo frames (you know who you are if you are reading this) and we were pretty sure they didn’t have this one and we hadn’t seen it anywhere else. We ended up buying a few more bits (as you do), a Minnie and Mickey for my cousins baby who was due any day (it was a girl born on 23rd in the end), a Minnie stocking for our 2 year old niece who LOVES anything Minnie (or Min as she calls her!) and a jewellery set for DM for Christmas as well as spending the balance of our friends money on a couple more frames. Next we went to Saratoga Springs as DH had seen a watch here on the first day and really liked it (he doesn’t normally ‘do’ watches) and we had looked everywhere but not seen it. Watch purchased, we made our way up to the Lane Bryant store at the end of International Drive for me to see if I could be successful this time – I wasn’t – but we also called at the Skechers shop and I managed to buy a new pair of trainers and a pair of sandals as consolation . On the complex we were on there was a Vanity Fair shop and we got a couple more pressies for our niece, socks for DH (he has UK12/13 feet so it can be a struggle over here!) and found green and white baseball undershirts that are ‘ideal’ for DH’s baseball team (they have a green shirt as their uniform) and of course were only a little over $2 each so we ended up buying…….22! Yes you read that right, 22 baseball undershirts! All shopped out after this massive purchase we headed back to the house, arriving back at 5.30pm.

At the weekend some friends of ours had arrived and today was the day we were meeting up with them for dinner. DM was feeling much better and decided that she would come out and we ended up going to Houlihans and had a really nice meal.

A much quieter day with lovely temperatures in the early 70’s and relief that DM seemed to be back to normal (whatever that is ) by the end of the day.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List