Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

Easter 2019 Daily Search

How many of you are still waiting to book your Easter trip? We are checking daily on all the sites 😂. Refuse to pay the ridiculous prices they are charging at the moment.
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Me! Its been the first thing I look at in the morning for the last 3 months and It’s driving my crazy! I’m getting so worried that the price isn’t never going to come down - currently sitting at over £1200 with Virgin, BA, Norwegian and AA for 4th - 21st April. Holding out and hoping for a BA or Virgin sale at the end of the month / start of September!
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

We have found some on Kayak this morning for £428 pp indirect, doesn’t included car though.
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

There is a thread somewhere buried - i think lots of people are still hanging on.

we booked your dates - Man - MIA indirect for £1700 for 2 ad 1 ch if thats any help. that includes baggage and was through budgetair
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Yes I’ve found some half decent indirect prices, but I’m trying to avoid flying out indirect if at all poss as we have a disney cruise booked for the following day. I’m paranoid that if one flight is delayed, we’ll miss the cruise - or end up with no luggage!
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by cmpjdp View Post
We have found some on Kayak this morning for £428 pp indirect, doesn’t included car though.
I’ve found a great price with Alamo Brits for the car - but it’s only for Tampa airport. 7 person mini van for 17 nights, under £500. The same car at Orlando with them is over £900!
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cmpjdp
Imagineer

I’ve found some cheap car hire prices on Skyscanner collecting from MCO but I’ve never booked a car through them before.
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarahb161 View Post
I’ve found a great price with Alamo Brits for the car - but it’s only for Tampa airport. 7 person mini van for 17 nights, under £500. The same car at Orlando with them is over £900!
yes the mco prices are insane this year! our car from MIA is way cheaper than the same from MCO for the same dates.

We tacked on an extra day at the front end to make up the for fact we were flying into MIA - then we don't lose a disney day. Could you do that or make sure that you fly through a hub - so much more likely to get another connection in the event of a delay?

Which cruise are you doing? we are doing an eastern caribbean one in oct for a week and i can't wait (though booking stuff with them is a total faff ) ours is at the end of a beach week though so no concerns about indirect flights for us.
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are doing the 3 day Bahamas cruise from PC - first ever cruise for us, so thought we’d do the shorter one in case we hate it! (Unlikely!)

I had no idea before trawling the websites that car hire prices were different at different airports with the same company. Even picking up from Tampa and returning to Orlando is double the price!
Old 15 Aug 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
buzzbuzz
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Same here, waiting on the hope prices come down. Have flown indirect plenty of times but am really hoping we can get at least one way direct! True about the car prices as well. Crazy from Orlando compared to collecting from Tampa or Miami. Trying to avoid the drive from Miami as well. Good luck all.
buzzbuzz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List