Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Apr 20, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

USA road trips

Morning, leaving out Florida and California, where would your ideal road trip be?
Have you already completed this trip?
Why have you chosen that trip, what would be the must do things to see.
Looking for inspiration.
Thanks
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve been to 26 States I think.
Good ones include Tennessee, Smokies and the Carolina’s in one trip. So did Atlanta (Georgia), Smokies, North Carolina, Charleston, Hilton Head (still one of my favourite places). That was a cracker.
Texas, Louisiana was a good one.
Hard to beat Nevada, Arizona. Once I did one Vegas to Flagstaff, Grand Canyon South Rim, Sedona, St George/ Zion Utah- that was a great one.

Edited at 08:03 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love Arizona, done this and Nevada, California, would like to do Colorado upto Glacier NP.
enjibenji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Grand canyon,Monument valley,Mighty 5 in Utah and Death Valley.Brilliant trip.Also Yellowstone an GrandTetons for a shorter trip,amazing scenery wherever you look. Also done Smokey Mountains and New England,enjoyed them but not as good as our top 2 .

Edited at 08:29 AM.
Love*my*hols is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Last year we did a wonderful road trip in Texas, we started in Austin to catch up with our nephew who lives there and drove right out to the Mexico/Texas border and into Big Bend National Park, stayed in Terlingua a really interesting small town with no chain restaurants or coffee shops. We rafted the Rio Grande went to a Cowboy Gathering of poetry and cowboy music in Friedricksburg, went to the Alamo and a great trip to San Antonio. Visited Texas wine country (who would have known) Truly a fascinating trip mostly way of the tourist routes.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve done a few road trips over the years but last year’s trip was the best so far. We flew in and out of Denver and stayed in Colorado Springs, Durango, Moab, Breckenridge and Grand Lake. We saw some simply stunning scenery and did some excellent activities and all of our planning really paid off.
Old 29 Apr 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Washington and Oregon down to San Francisco (yes I know that’s in California!). We love Oregon and have been twice.

I also echo YorkshireT trip around the Carolinas, Georgia and Tennessee. We have done this a couple of times changing the route

Can’t beat Arizona - the Grand Canyon is a must see..

The one I was not so keen on was New England. I love trees but we seemed to drive endless miles with dense forest each side with nothing to see but trees. Beautiful little towns but they all started to look the same. Got a bit tedious eventually.

Edited at 01:55 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We’ve been to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Arizona, Death Valley and Yosemite. I’d love to see the monuments, Zion and Bryce but think that’s a trip for Dh and myself. All add/Ds reckon about that is one bunch of ticks look the same as others. Something tells me they’d not appreciate it.
On my list is fly into Washington DC and out of Atlanta taking into account Williamsburg and smokies.
Old 29 Apr 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toffeeman0
Excited about Disney

Ive done a few,
Loved Nashville-Memphis-NewOrleans-Chatanooga-Nashville.
Also Phoenix to Monument valley,
Route 66,From Chicago to the west coast
Texas,(Houston-Fort Worth-Austin-San Antonio-Houston)
Wasnt to fussed on East Coast (Boston-Charleston)
Old 29 Apr 20, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

We absolutely loved our New England road trip driving up to Bar Harbor was a must
We’ve also done Route 66 ,New Orleans to Washington via Memphis,Nashville and Smokey Mountains
Monument valley and Grand Canyon
San Francisco to San Diego.
Have just postponed Seattle to Las Vegas.

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List