Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 3 May 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Who’s been to Hawai’i ?

Any hints and tips re the planning process.
Where in the USA did you fly from to Hawai’i?
Where did you stay? Did you visit a couple of islands.? What was you must do place on Hawai’I.
Do you think Vegas, Hawai’i San Fran is a doable trip? Breakdown of night 4-10-4.
Thanks
Old 3 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We did San Francisco Hawaii in February we will be back to both
We made the mistake of not having long enough in SF nor Hawaii
We only did Honolulu would love to go back and do the other islands
Oh and we are not beach people at all
We flew on to Dallas then to Florida
Well doable
SF we did the Golden Gate cycle ride Alcatraz
The pier food tour of China Town we actually spent hours in China Town not just Grant Street
Walked miles and miles but we could have used the trolley to go everywhere we wanted were we stayed
Hawaii Pearl Harbour now I thought I’d be bored as it was on a DH wish list 7 hours later we’d run out of time loved it
Doors off Chopper ride never been as scared in my life but the it was amazing
National Cemetery Dole Plantation etc loved every minute
We again walked miles
We are not beach people but DH did go for a paddle me beaches should only be walked on in wellies with the dogs
We will go back that’s for sure

Edited at 07:01 PM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have a 7 night Hawaii cruise booked for next March, stops at 4 islands with
Norwegian Cruise Line. Plan is to fly there from San Diego and return to los Angeles- but dependent on flight availabity as we're hoping for reward seats.
Hope it goes ahead!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

We went a good few years ago.
Flew from Heathrow via a night stop in St Louis then on to Honolulu.
We pre booked an Outrigger hotel on Waikiki beach for a week and a condo in Maui for 5 nights.
Some of the things we did on Oahu.
Helicopter flight... flying over Pearl harbour, Magnum's island, rainforest etc. 45 minute flight.
Rented a car and drove around the island, up to Diamond Head, North Shore and various beaches.
Went to a diving show(off cliffs, waterfall)
Pub crawl... on a big yellow school bus.
Pearl Harbour memorial

Maui
Hired a car for the duration.
Went to the Seven Pools of Hana and slid down one of the waterfalls
Went to the top of Haleakala volcano
Went to a Luau
Booked flights to the Big Island for a day and toured the island and lava flows for a day
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

We have been to San Fran and Vegas before but like mentioned never enough time so this would be the return to do more things.
Thank you for your responses.
Old 3 May 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We’ve been to Hawaii twice and are meant to be visiting again in August.

Last time we flew into San Fran and home from LA & had a few days in each en route. This time we have a night in Seattle and have five days in Texas on the way back.

We’ve cruised around the islands and last time we just stayed on Oahu. We are unusual in that we particularly like the contrasts of Oahu (we actually enjoy the Waikiki beach area and all of our favourite US chain restaurants, the stunning south coast beaches and then going to see the turtles on the North shore).

I totally understand what others love about the other islands, but I’m more than happy to spend more time chilling on Oahu and we absolutely loved Aulani!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

We did SF/Oahu/Chicago. Loved it, a fabulous trip! United fly back to Chicago, we used them for our Hawaii legs. We mostly chilled out in Oahu, stayed at the Hilton Hawaii right on the beach, bliss.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
We have a 7 night Hawaii cruise booked for next March, stops at 4 islands with
Norwegian Cruise Line. Plan is to fly there from San Diego and return to los Angeles- but dependent on flight availabity as we're hoping for reward seats.
Hope it goes ahead!
Back in 2007 we flew to Hawaii from Phoenix. We had a week in an apartment overlooking Pearl Harbour and then a week on the Pride of America. It was a fantastic way of seeing the other islands. We rented a car for the first week and then rented a convertible on each island we visited on the cruise. The experience of exploring the Volcanoes NP on Big Island in a Ford Mustang will live with me forever. We had a week in Arizona on our way home. It was a fantastic trip - you’ll have a blast.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Stayed at Mauna Kea on The Big Island, but so long ago I don't think any of my tips will still be relevant! Stunning though, really must go back one day.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Back in 2007 we flew to Hawaii from Phoenix. We had a week in an apartment overlooking Pearl Harbour and then a week on the Pride of America. It was a fantastic way of seeing the other islands. We rented a car for the first week and then rented a convertible on each island we visited on the cruise. The experience of exploring the Volcanoes NP on Big Island in a Ford Mustang will live with me forever. We had a week in Arizona on our way home. It was a fantastic trip - you’ll have a blast.
Any tips for the cruise itself? It's our first time cruising so complete novices. We had thought to hire a car at each port rather than an organised excursion.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List