Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 16, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Well we have done universal in Florida and because of the cost and lack of time didn't put it in the plan? I haven't researched Warner bros... when I've read trip reports I'm not sure it'd be something we'd all be interested in? We don't watch any of the TVs shows it seems to feature so wouldn't mean anything to us. My girls would like to see the Hollywood sign, the walk of fame, the theatre etc... That's why I thought an organised trip might be easier?
We drove ourselves as I said and did the following, Hollywood Blvd (parked in the Hollywood & Highland centre you can see the sign from the shopping center ), then drove around and stopped off at Sunset Blvd, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Wilshire, Melrose Avenue etc. We saw plenty of sights that we recognised and were able to stop mostly and take pics.. I believe there is a hop on hop off bus which looks good as you can stop off as and when you please.

The walk of fame and Hollywood Blvd we probably spent 90 mins at, We were all a bit disappointed by it really. Glad we seen it but its nothing like how tv portrays it.

Universal is different to the Florida one, as its a working studio and can be done in a day we really enjoyed. but then we are Universal fans.

I must admit I don't watch much tv at all... We really went to Warner as my DD watches Pretty Little Liars but we all enjoyed it, being shown how tv programmes are filmed, how sets are changes and going on real sets etc. At some point we would like to try the Paramount and Sony tours.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Looking at that schedule I would make some minor changes

5 days Las Vegas
5 San Francisco (4 would be more than enough for us)
3 Yosemite
2 Monterey
1 Pismo
6 Disneyland/ sightseeing in LA too (would split 2 nights North LA to do that area then 4 South as you will be coming north to south anyway)

That would leave you with 1 day to allocate elsewhere, maybe 2 if you drop one day in Disney as 4 may be too many.. You could even do 3 nights in SF and take 2/3 nights and do San Diego as well. Slot it between North LA and South so go down and then back up, assuming you are flying out of LA.

Edited at 01:51 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We drove ourselves as I said and did the following, Hollywood Blvd (parked in the Hollywood & Highland centre you can see the sign from the shopping center ), then drove around and stopped off at Sunset Blvd, Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Wilshire, Melrose Avenue etc. We saw plenty of sights that we recognised and were able to stop mostly and take pics.. I believe there is a hop on hop off bus which looks good as you can stop off as and when you please.

The walk of fame and Hollywood Blvd we probably spent 90 mins at, We were all a bit disappointed by it really. Glad we seen it but its nothing like how tv portrays it.

Universal is different to the Florida one, as its a working studio and can be done in a day we really enjoyed. but then we are Universal fans.

I must admit I don't watch much tv at all... We really went to Warner as my DD watches Pretty Little Liars but we all enjoyed it, being shown how tv programmes are filmed, how sets are changes and going on real sets etc. At some point we would like to try the Paramount and Sony tours.
Ive not heard of the other tours so I'll have a look. Really it's Disneyland that we really want to see but being so close to Hollywood it seems such a shame not to tick it off the list just to say we did it, however briefly!
Thanks for your help, I'll have lots more questions along soon!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
For me it would be less in Vegas (Personal choice) and I would not base myself in the city of LA (hate the place - you may love it) but at the end of the day, its your choice. We never do less than 4 days at Disneyland (we love the place) and find the Anaheim area interesting with easy trips out to the beaches and Long Beach for Queen Mary.
Thanks Geoff, I must say its Disneyland that we really want to see, we are massive fans and have always wanted to see Cars Land and just the original park... do you think we are better getting a four day pass then? Would we need park hopper tickets or not do you think?
Thankyou for your help.
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Looking at that schedule I would make some minor changes

5 days Las Vegas
5 San Francisco (4 would be more than enough for us)
3 Yosemite
2 Monterey
1 Pismo
6 Disneyland/ sightseeing in LA too (would split 2 nights North LA to do that area then 4 South as you will be coming north to south anyway)

That would leave you with 1 day to allocate elsewhere, maybe 2 if you drop one day in Disney as 4 may be too many.. You could even do 3 nights in SF and take 2/3 nights and do San Diego as well. Slot it between North LA and South so go down and then back up, assuming you are flying out of LA.
I did think about San Diego, however I'm worried about trying to do too much? With children I don't want to be driving more than is necessary? I think it's just the last bit of the trip that I'll need to decide on and whether to break it up or just do a single day tour. I think we will probably want 4 days for Disney?
Thankyou for your help.
Old 20 Sep 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread