Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 16, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Nevada

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but please move if im wrong

I am toying with the idea of going to Nevada next September. Thinking a few days in Vegas and then visiting some national parks and going to Lake Tahoe.

I have no idea what im doing though!

Anyone got any recommendations of places to visit? How to set out an itinerary?

We dont mind travelling to a few places but dont want to spend the whole time going from one place to another if that makes sense.

Will be 2 adults - and for 12-14 nights

Thanks in advance!
Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Perhaps a good start would be to do some research into the area - starting with a map to get an idea of size and then looking into what you want to visit while you are there.

That way you can think about the distances between the different locations and how they link up on the road map.

Which national parks were you think of?

Here's the link to. Nevadas tourism website which might give you some ideas travelnevada

I always fancied staying on a ranch / would that be something of interest for a few days?!

Also worth searching on here for any trip reports using key words as that may also give you some ideas.

Once you know what you want to se and visit, plot the car route - could be point to point rather than round trip - and then look into accommodation along that route.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
What kind of national parks do you have in mind.

The Grand Canyon West Rim is about 2.5 hrs from Vegas, the South Rim 4-4.5 hrs .. Yosemite even further. Where as somewhere like Red Rock Canyon is about 30 mins away. Valley of Fire is nearby too.

You need to do some research really as per the post above and decide exactly what you want to see , Maybe read some trip reports to get some ideas.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi from vegas would definately put yosemti in your plan, we stayed this year in the blue butterfly bb at El portal first class and 1 mile from entrance
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Las Vegas is always a good starting point. When I'm planning I cheat and have a look at suggested itineraries on Pinterest, trip advisor or lonely planet. Then decide how many hours DH will want to drive and look at the map (he is a control freak who loves driving in the US so I tend to relax and watch the world go by). I don't know if anyone else has tried the roadtrippers app but that was good fun as well.

As you want to go Lake Tahoe, there is Death Valley, Yosemite, sequoia in that general direction but you could check out Reno as well or go and do a loop round Zion or Bryce Canyon and not forgetting the Grand Canyon.

Whatever you do the scenery will be spectacular. It's one of my favourite places to visit.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread