Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jun 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Dubai Booking - Thomas Cook...

Hi,

Looking for some clarification...

I booked a trip to Dubai for September back in March, the Facebook advert stated “Ramada Jumeriah Hotel” - I looked it up on Facebook before booking and it looked amazing...this was the Ramada Jumeriah Beach...the only one that came up on my search.

My confirmation came through, saying Ramada Jumeriah Hotel until recently where it’s been coming through almost daily saying I’m staying at the Ramada Wyndham Hotel, which is a lot cheaper than the where I thought I was staying.

The lady at Thomas Cook has said she’ll need to speak to the lady as she has had no dealings with this booking. She’s back in tomorrow... I’m a bit disappointed as I thought we were booked in at the Ramada Beach...

Can I do anything about this? At no time of the booking she said we would be at the Wyndham...

Can anyone offer any advice?

Marie
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If your original confirmation came through saying Ramada Jumeriah Hotel, I assume they would need to honour that. If there is a reason why they are changing hotel, I would have thought you should get a hotel of equal standard.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Yeah it was advertised as the Ramada Jumeriah Hotel and my confirmation had came through with that...she said ‘beach’ was never mentioned but not was the Wyndham...
Old 19 Jun 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Just googled it and see there are 2 hotels, Ramada By Wyndham Jumeirah Hotel and Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Hotel so assume you booked the former and assumed it was Beach?
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mack
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Lell View Post
Just googled it and see there are 2 hotels, Ramada By Wyndham Jumeirah Hotel and Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach Hotel so assume you booked the former and assumed it was Beach?
I must’ve but I just find my booking paperwork so confusing, first it was saying one hotel and now the other, why didn’t they originally state that it was one of the above mentioned hotels instead of leaving it quite vague...”Ramada Jumeriah Hotel”

Do you think there’s anything I can do? The reviews seem ok but its not the hotel I thought we were staying at.

This is what I booked on...

Old 19 Jun 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mumx3
Imagineer

mumx3's Reviews
Yes it does look like you have booked the Ramada Jumeriah by Wyndham not the Jumeriah beach.

Just looking at reviews, they are very good and both hotels saying 4*,
So much to see in Dubai, im sure you will enjoy it.
2003 Xmas..Blue Tree Resort..2007 Xmas..Villa Kissimmee..2008..Mauritius..2009..Marriott Cypress Harbour..2010..CA Road Trip & Xmas in Vegas..2012..Xmas Mauritius..2013.Mauritius..2014.Poland..2015..Canada
2016..New York. & Lanzerote..2017.Caribbean cruise.. 2018..Prague...2018 Turkey...2019 Dubai..2019 India

Edited at 02:44 PM.
mumx3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

These sort of adverts don't normally state the exact hotel. Theywant you to phone fir the details. I think the advert means Ramada Hotel in the Jumeriah area. If however you had more detailed paperwork when you officially booked, I would be chasing them up.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Is it still on the beach? The Wyndham hotel? That would be the main issue for me. The jumeriah beach area is nice so if it’s still on the beach, I wouldn’t be overly concerned.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List