Notices

Old 11 Apr 19, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 3 - Tuesday 9th April

Today's plan had been Typhoon Lagoon, however the forecast was not good (grey skies, persistent rain & lightning, so we decided to venture to the Florida Mall instead.
Various stores were visited by the kids:-
American Girl - youngest DD got a doll + outfit & hairbrush for $152!
Morphe - Eldest DD's friend had given her $50 before our trip to secure her a James Charles make-up palette & American candy.
Sephora (again) - eldest DD bought more make-up & got a lovely gift (can't remember what she bought now!).
M&M world - various flavours purchased by kids with me trying to ensure they didn't go mad as it's $6.99 per half pound!
B&BW - I bought some of the infamous hand sanitizers on special offer - I looked at but didn't buy a candle & body spray - and now I've decided I'll have to go back.
DS bought a football from World of Soccer
We had lunch there which was a bit of a hassle as the kids all decided they wanted different things at the food court which had huge queues- so seemed to take us ages to have lunch.
More shopping after lunch, DH visited the Apple Store intending to buy an iPod - I know people prefer streaming but DH prefers the ipod. He said they looked at him like he didn’t really know what he wanted & were intent on pushing streaming devices. In the end he left empty-handed.
After looking in various clothes shop, we went outside to bright sunshine, so decided to go back to the villa & swimming pool.
And, good news- it’s now lovely and warm. In fact I had a call from Ocean Holidays to say the pool maintenance guy had visited while we were out (we had pulled the cover across before going out). Apparently they decided to increase the pool heat to 90 degrees as we’d been without it a few days - it is lovely & warm now! 🏊 ☀️ 🌊
We decided to go out to dinner tonight. Initially we were looking at Red Robin or similar at Champion’s Gate. However DH found what he thought was a nice restaurant called Dulcetto pizzeria (also at Champions).
When we turned up we discovered it was a ‘scratch ‘ kitchen with only 1 person up front & 1 chef. There was another English family in there & several people coming in & out asking for take- out - they were being given wait times of 45mins - 1 hour (this is after we’d been seated).
We were all quite hungry & ordered starters & mains. The food was lovely, but half way through our starters the server bought out our mains with the reasoning that the chef is backed up with take-out orders. DH also decided to let 2 of the kids (who don’t each much) order plates of 10 chicken wings each - suffice to say we bought lots home in take-out boxes.

The bill (with drinks) was a huge $150 + tip. Yes it was nice, but also rushed - not just with all the food being brought out together-but just as we left they locked the door & put the closed sign up!
We walked around the corner to Publix as one of my DD had been bitten so we needed some cream.
Also got middle DD one of those nail buffer/shiner blocks for 99c (a similar one was being foisted on her at the Mall by a sales person on one of those stalls in the middle of the store- for a whopping $30, luckily we said ‘no thank you ‘ for her!).
Tomorrow we go to Kennedy Space Center.

Edited at 04:37 AM. Reason: Additional text
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

So glad the pool is sorted for you! Yay!
I love a day at the Mall, especially Bath and body works. Shame about dinner feeling rushed but pizza and garlic bread looks good!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

LOVE your report so far. Cant wait to keep reading along.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really glad you now have a lovely warm pool

Joan
Old 11 Apr 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Just caught up on your report so far. You seem to be having a great time. My DD (16) is looking forward to shopping in Sephora far more than going to the parks I think. I dread to think how much she is going to spend. I don't even know what half of the stuff she buys actually is!

Glad you have a warm pool now - somewhere nice to relax.

Looking forward to reading more.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Just caught up on your report so far. You seem to be having a great time. My DD (16) is looking forward to shopping in Sephora far more than going to the parks I think. I dread to think how much she is going to spend. I don't even know what half of the stuff she buys actually is!

Glad you have a warm pool now - somewhere nice to relax.

Looking forward to reading more.
You’re not the only one - the array of highlighters, correctors, brow ‘pomades’ and other stuff DD has is impressive- I wouldn’t have a clue how to apply (apart from the corrector!). She’s only 12, I dread to think what she’ll be like by the time she’s 18!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Yay to the toasty hot pool!

I know what you mean about Sephora 😳 I love it and spend a fair amount but my DD15 can go wild and this year I will also have my neice who is 18 so I think we will be in there for ages.

Really enjoying your report 😃

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

Love having a nice warm pool. Glad they put the heat up for you as it makes a big difference
Old 15 Apr 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good shopping day. The restaurant doesn't really sound like our cup of tea - too much time waiting.