Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile Current times

Just reading the thread about fireworks and It honestly got me thinking about so many things that are frowned upon now - I daren't breathe - here’s the stuff I’m thinking I’ve heard lately and also felt guilty about
1. Fireworks
2. Wearing a poppy
3. Not being vegan/ Eating meat
4. Going on a long haul journey
5. Buying large sized eggs at supermarket
6.Considering buying a puppy as opposed to getting a rescue
7. Owning a car
8. Using/ buying any form of plastic or anything with packaging

Honestly I don’t know if I’m ultra paranoid or sensitive - a girl in M&S at kings cross the other day gave me the dirtiest look when I asked the guy stocking the shelves where the meat sandwiches were.
Argh - just want to run away and hide (if I’m allowed &#128514 x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Cherrypie please don't let the resident troll make you feel guilty.

I know what you mean though, I think in today's times we all need to be sensitive to each other's beliefs.

It really saddens me when I hear the term snowflake becouse I personally think it's a good thing we all speak our feelings freely in time hopefully this will reduce the mental health crisis.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanellope
a Friend of the DIBB

Ah just ignore them! I find all the judgeyness counter intuitive really, browbeating folks won't make them change and most cases make them resist, you win more flies with honey!
Bet a lot of the fireworks grumps on here don't mind watching the multiple loud displays at Disney 😋
Vanellope is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Cherrypie please don't let the resident troll make you feel guilty.

I know what you mean though, I think in today's times we all need to be sensitive to each other's beliefs.

It really saddens me when I hear the term snowflake becouse I personally think it's a good thing we all speak our feelings freely in time hopefully this will reduce the mental health crisis.
Whilst I agree about mental health I think some are taking it too far. For example that 'influential instagramer' talking about the wars damaging young people's mental health if taught about it.
My 12yr old told me at the weekend she wanted to become vegetarian, I said I would support her but wanted her to explain what she will eat instead and why exactly she has suddenly wanted to do this and it's due to being told meat is bad so she is not a nice person! I was fuming. Why should people be made to feel like this?. She had decided to reduce her meat intake instead (she likes her bacon and Copland's sausage rolls too much haha)
I think it will eventually get to being a nanny state of it continues the way some are taking it.
I wish it could be accepted that we are all different and we are individuals who like and will do different things.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

I think some of it is about wanting to ‘do the right thing’ but being bombarded at every turn and actually finding it all overwhelming 😬

Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I’m glad you started this thread as I had begun to regret posting that picture of DS10 enjoying himself at the weekend with his sparkler on the firework thread. 🙈
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Whilst I agree about mental health I think some are taking it too far. For example that 'influential instagramer' talking about the wars damaging young people's mental health if taught about it.
My 12yr old told me at the weekend she wanted to become vegetarian, I said I would support her but wanted her to explain what she will eat instead and why exactly she has suddenly wanted to do this and it's due to being told meat is bad so she is not a nice person! I was fuming. Why should people be made to feel like this?. She had decided to reduce her meat intake instead (she likes her bacon and Copland's sausage rolls too much haha)
I think it will eventually get to being a nanny state of it continues the way some are taking it.
I wish it could be accepted that we are all different and we are individuals who like and will do different things.
I agree with your words. It's interesting about your dd as my dd said the same about meat the other week. It's difficult bringing up kids in this age as they are getting information from all places it must be confusing for them.
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I agree with your words. It's interesting about your dd as my dd said the same about meat the other week. It's difficult bringing up kids in this age as they are getting information from all places it must be confusing for them.
My nephews teacher scared him to death the other week and said if they use plastic or eat meat the world will end before they die - he is terrified - also saw a post on here about someone’s dd saying she wasn’t going to have children because it would be irresponsible as the world would be in such a bad state by then. So sad and scary for our kids x

Old 4 Nov 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

I try to be aware, conscious, caring and compassionate and with that as a backdrop, I live my life as I want - not how others tell me.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
My nephews teacher scared him to death the other week and said if they use plastic or eat meat the world will end before they die - he is terrified - also saw a post on here about someone’s dd saying she wasn’t going to have children because it would be irresponsible as the world would be in such a bad state by then. So sad and scary for our kids x
Aww thats so sad hope your nephew is ok. Seen the post about the dd and children that was so sad also.

Your right it is a sad and scary world for our kids the poor souls have doom and gloom everyday.

Xx