Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 20, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Is my flight full? 10th Birthday Edition

For any Dibbers wanting to check on their flights this is the information that you need to use:-

Date
Flight number
Departure and arrival airports

as it really helps when checking how the flight looks.

Happy to check any airlines/destinations and will post a reply even if it turns out that they don't appear on the systems used. Please feel free to ask on this thread

Please also bear in mind that Tui/Thomson flights cannot be checked as they are charters and Low Cost Carriers(LCC's) as they operate on a different sales method.

Terms you may see being used are:-

Blocked means - The airline operating the route are holding the seats back - this can be for a number of reasons such as group travel, paid for seating, infant cot positions, allocation to a codeshare partner etc. It is up to them when they chose to release them and are often scattered all over the cabin(s).

Wide open means - only a small proportion of seats already chosen. This does not reflect the number of tickets the airline can/are still willing to sell.

OLCI means - online check in usually opening 24 hours before departure.

Any replies will reflect the date and time of the request and will be subject to change especially if the request for availability is months in advance/school holiday dates.

Many thanks in advance from stanleycamel.

:d :: d:

Today marks (as far as I can see and I am happy to be corrected) 10 years to the day that the first post in the Is my flight full thread appeared. As we stand today we live in very challenging times for our travels but I would like to look forward to hopefully better times ahead. I would like to give a couple of amazing facts about this series of threads which is absolutely astounding:-

Number of continuations of the thread 23

Number of replies 18520

NUMBER OF VIEWS 1,130169 yes over a million views during the years

and this doesn't count the numerous posts about how to find the thread.

I would like to thank every single person who has contributed/viewed the threads especially to those DIBB members who over the years have used their knowledge (and dare I say it wisdom) to reply to the flight load requests. We can and will continue to help.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO "IS MY FLIGHT FULL"

Edited to read:- Due to circumstances beyond my control I have possibly had far too much time on my hands so I thought I would do something semi-useful

Edited at 06:49 AM.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 03:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I don't hold up much hope going, but can you check

15th May Heathrow to Miami VS5 10.45 am
5th June Miami to Heathrow VS6 5.55pm
Many thanks
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 03:40 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post

Many thanks
I can do my best but with the present situation schedules that far ahead have not been finalised due to the present circumstances so I cannot predict if these services will operate.

VS 5

UC - 17 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 19 seats unoccupied with 20 DFG and 19 HK blocked
EC - Wide Open

VS 6

UC - 11 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 2 single seats unoccupied with 7 blocked
EC - Wide Open

Hope that helps
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
I can do my best but with the present situation schedules that far ahead have not been finalised due to the present circumstances so I cannot predict if these services will operate.

VS 5

UC - 17 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 19 seats unoccupied with 20 DFG and 19 HK blocked
EC - Wide Open

VS 6

UC - 11 seats unoccupied with 1 blocked
PE - 2 single seats unoccupied with 7 blocked
EC - Wide Open

Hope that helps
Thank you
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Many thanks
Can you check this flight again please, I looked this morning and seems a lot more seats are gone! I am really hoping they cancel it !
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Can you check this flight again please, I looked this morning and seems a lot more seats are gone! I am really hoping they cancel it !
I have taken the details from previous request - hope they are still the same:-

VS 5 scheduled to be operated by A330 aircraft

UC - 9 seats occupied, 10 seats unoccupied with 12 blocked
PE - 14 seats occupied, 9 seats unoccupied with 25 blocked
EC - 41 seats occupied, 31 seats unoccupied (all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

At this stage VS still selling all fare buckets

VS 6 scheduled to be operated by A330 aircraft

UC - 11 seats occupied, 8 seats unoccupied with 12 seats blocked
PE - 33 seats occupied, NO unoccupied seats with 15 seats blocked
EC - 48 seats occupied, 14 seats unoccupied(all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

Whether VS cancel this flight is subject to so many different variables, Turmp and FCO lifting travel ban are the obvious ones, also as lockdown is still in place for 3 weeks that takes us to 8th May. My instinct is that it will be cancelled but only VS know for certain and they aren't doing anything yet. Really sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

EC - 41 seats occupied, 31 seats unoccupied (all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

EC - 48 seats occupied, 14 seats unoccupied(all at the back) and all the rest of seats blocked out.

Whether VS cancel this flight is subject to so many different variables, Turmp and FCO lifting travel ban are the obvious ones, also as lockdown is still in place for 3 weeks that takes us to 8th May. My instinct is that it will be cancelled but only VS know for certain and they aren't doing anything yet. Really sorry I can't be of more help.
Thank you, I have noticed they have cancelled this route up to the 10th May, so hopefully they just being slow! If they cancel the outbount flight, I suppose the will cancel my return journery at same time?
Old 18 Apr 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Thank you, I have noticed they have cancelled this route up to the 10th May, so hopefully they just being slow! If they cancel the outbount flight, I suppose the will cancel my return journery at same time?
I wouldn't necessarily expect them to do that with regard to the return flight but you would be entitled to a full refund if they cancel just the outbound sector. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Edited to add it was nice to be able to check a flight for a change even though its not in the best of circumstances.

Edited at 10:42 AM.
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Hiya, can you tell yourself if this has been cancelled now, it is no longer showing but they still havent cancelled, just saying there is a schedule change and click accept changes if happy (no button to click and won't click if there was! )
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Hiya, can you tell yourself if this has been cancelled now, it is no longer showing but they still havent cancelled, just saying there is a schedule change and click accept changes if happy (no button to click and won't click if there was! )
I can't find the outbound on any of the sites I use and I am sure I have seen something today about flights up to 17th May(that's why I am concentrating on that date first of all) - will look into it further and edit this reply when I can.

EDITED here:-

I found this in Routes Online - "Virgin Atlantic have now removed passenger flights until 10th May. A further week Ė until the 17th May is now unavailable for reservation on top, making it highly unlikely that Virgin will operate passenger flights until at least mid-May".

Have they actually told you what the schedule changes are? I would ring/whatsapp or similar to contact them if you can, when appropriate make note of date, time and agent reference and don't agree to anything. It will probably be difficult to get through whatever means you try but with the 72 hour in advance of travel restriction still in place. Tthe FCO and DHS still haven't changed their advice on travel and I think VS are just trying to delay the inevitable.

Edited at 12:48 PM.