Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Oct 15, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysard
Excited about Disney

mickeysard's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I was told by someone in the know that Food prices in the parks and at resorts had risen over the last few years to cover the Free dining plan! so in a way even more incentive for people to take up free dining plan and stay onsite which is the ultimate goal! Can't say i'm Happy with the increases in Food and it's not just Disney i'm talking about.
mickeysard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
If you baulk at paying only ~£12 at Disney, you'll never go to a Grand Prix to watch a race - Silverstone charge £51 to park your car on a Sunday...
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBERIFFIC
Apprentice Imagineer

ROBBERIFFIC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It amazes me on average a family of 4 holiday to WDW for two weeks costs £8000.00 and people are concerned about $20 I just don't get it, you are on holiday just pay it. If you don't want to pay don't go simples!
ROBBERIFFIC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DarrenW
Excited about Disney

Parking at Disney/Universal is $20 or around £13 for the day.

As a comparison, The Oracle Centre in Reading will charge you £13 for 7 hours parking. How much is a taxi to Magic Kingdom from say, I-Drive?

Perhaps they should consider a two-tier parking system. Park closer for $20 with trams etc. and have another car park further out for say $10 but you have to make your own way to the park?
DarrenW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
If you baulk at paying only ~£12 at Disney, you'll never go to a Grand Prix to watch a race - Silverstone charge £51 to park your car on a Sunday...
And over night parking in West Coast cities can often be $50 plus per night!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
Second part is true but comment about inflation is not. The $20 parking is extortion.
So you are claiming Disney's overheads haven't increased in the last 3 years. If only.

It's quite simple - pay it or don't. You have a choice.
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

Only back a few weeks ago and apart from the $17 parking price we did notice things where more expensive than on previous trips as a result we spent less time in the parks and spent far less on gifts to bring back.

Did notice however Steak'n'Shake still is great with its $4 menu
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ROBBERIFFIC View Post
It amazes me on average a family of 4 holiday to WDW for two weeks costs £8000.00 and people are concerned about $20 I just don't get it, you are on holiday just pay it. If you don't want to pay don't go simples!
OK, so now after a 20% price increase - not just parking, £8,000 becomes £9,600, what don't you get. Just ask a family who could just afford £8,000 which child they will leave behind or tell them all, no more Disney!

It'll end up like the old game shows - A holiday of a lifetime!
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think the extra cost is over the top given the price of tickets , food etc inside the parks , they are already charging a premium , albeit for a very good product
it is a little galling to pay so much for parking on top of those things but would it put me off , no , if you want to go you just have to suck it up , factor it in to your budget or go some where else

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 15, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cursor View Post
OK, so now after a 20% price increase - not just parking, £8,000 becomes £9,600, what don't you get. Just ask a family who could just afford £8,000 which child they will leave behind or tell them all, no more Disney!

It'll end up like the old game shows - A holiday of a lifetime!
Where has an overnight 20% increase in the total cost come from?

The "no more Disney" bit is the exact choice, because there are plenty of people in the developing markets of the world that will pay those prices - whilst that is still the case, Disney won't give two hoots about the family in your example.

It's very easy to "get"
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread