Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jan 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

Disney hotel front end or back end

Hi
We are going to Orlando in October for 19 days, we have been quite a few times and last time we stayed at Universal Cabana Bay the first 3 days then moved on to our villa. This time we would like to stay at a universal hotel and also a Disney hotel (3 days in both) then move on to our villa. What I would like to know is is it better to stay at the Disney hotel first 3 days then move to the villa or do Disney hotel then move to universal... basically what would you great folk do within the 19 days
Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeysard
Excited about Disney

mickeysard's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Well it's a hard question to reply to as only you would know at what point you would want more relaxation...personally if it was the first time staying on Disney i would do that first then Villa then Universal
mickeysard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
arm5ky
Getting Excited

Mobile

Depends if you want a 7/14/21 day Disney ticket. It only starts on day you arrive in resort, so I'd go Disney 1st.
arm5ky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by arm5ky View Post
Depends if you want a 7/14/21 day Disney ticket. It only starts on day you arrive in resort, so I'd go Disney 1st.
Not if you buy the ticket elsewhere. They're only looking for 3 days, so they're not buying package for DDP.

Edited at 01:55 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

We are getting a 5 day ticket, quick question do Disney only pick you up from the airport or do they also drop off. I think we will do the Disney hotel near the end of the holiday as we can take in the resort hotels Christmas vibe, the only thing that is bugging me is the 3 extra day car hire if they do not drop of at the airport
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are doing Disney/offsite/universal in August. We out universal at the end as we are doing a week at HRH and figured that it will be quite relaxing as we will pop in and out of the parks and spend the rest of the time by the pool!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 17, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You can get Disney's Magical Express at either end of the holiday. The benefit of staying there at the start is only really relevant if you have a long ticket as you get Magic Bands and can book FP 60 days out instead of 30. It may still be worth it for you with a 5 day ticket though.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Given the jet-lag factor and there being more to pack in at disney, I'd suggest universal first to maximise the time and experience at both.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

We stayed overnight in Tampa, then did 7 nights disney, 3 nights universal, 9 nights in a villa. We all wished we were at disney once we got to the villa we had to do it that way because we had 21 day disney tickets. I didn't think we would feel the way we did at the villa, and miss being in a hotel so much! next time we would like to do universal first, and then disney ( no villa!) so if you are only having 5 days at disney with a 5 day ticket, I would suggest villa first, then universal then disney at the end

are you going at christmas time? depending on your dates, you may want to do disney when its at its quietest while you are there?

hth

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List