Notices

Old 29 Mar 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

last year my son had to move miles away for work and had a flat with no outside space all on his own- we were saying yesterday imagine how awful it would be if he was still there now. I would have definitely gone and got him as he struggled missing his family and friends under normal circumstances.
I feel so sorry for anyone on their own during these times and that is why I am so grateful we are allowed out once a day as that time out ,even though they cant spend it with others, must be good for their well being surely.

Edited at 10:50 AM.
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Account Timed Out

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I am in my apartment alone . Canít see my friends as although they also live in Town it would take public transport to even meet in a safe space eg park . Family in Yorkshire . Neighbours all left their apartments for their second homes in the Country.

I wish now I had gone to either our empty house in Lincolnshire near friends and enjoy the extensive gardens or indeed Yorkshire but I feel, now and has been for last 10 days or so, severely selfish of me to go to a different area even if I didnít have to use public transport. I am finding it incredibly tough and lonely - not seen or spoken to anyone for 10 days and will probably be another few months to go. But I couldnít live with myself if I passed it on to one other person. Tough times and tough choices - not sure if there is a right or wrong - my family wanted me to ďcome homeĒ but for society I thought it wrong of me to move.

Oh and I donít FaceTime etc as I find that uncomfortable and I suffer from stress and anxiety already. Just WhatsApp chat etc but ensure I have a long daily walk along the Thames for my mental and physical health .

Hope your ok, sending hugs 💖

You have put your country and the people in it before yourself, it sounds like your having a tough time please remember we are all here anytime.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Uniq VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
If you haven't seen or spoken to anyone for 10 days , I see no reason why you couldn't go to the empty house if you have your own transport
Failing that please at least speak with family and friends
Take care
I would have to use extensive public transport as itís c125 miles away and I donít have a car in Town

I do speak via WhatsApp- sorry for not being clear . And ofcourse on here and has some amazing support from Essex Sue and Collete-S and others which have been astounding. But physically seeing someone except building concierge and check out staff in supermarkets etc

Edited at 10:51 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I would have to use extensive public transport as itís c125 miles away and I donít have a car in Town

I do speak via WhatsApp- sorry for not being clear . And ofcourse on here and has some amazing support from Essex Sue and Collete-S and others which have been astounding. But physically seeing someone except building concierge and check out staff in supermarkets etc
In some ways itís just geography , youíd be exchanging one solitary home for another so maybe finding new occupations to keep you busy would help , learning a language, reading the entire works of Agatha Christie , starting that novel we are all supposed to have inside us ... whatever youíd like to get your teeth into.
I think we are all feeling the lack of meaningful contact outside the home thing to a degree too.
I am speaking to customers daily who live alone and are struggling with isolation . One call on Friday night I cried when sheíd hung up sheíd told me I was the only person sheíd had a proper conversation with in weeks.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I am in my apartment alone . Canít see my friends as although they also live in Town it would take public transport to even meet in a safe space eg park . Family in Yorkshire . Neighbours all left their apartments for their second homes in the Country.

I wish now I had gone to either our empty house in Lincolnshire near friends and enjoy the extensive gardens or indeed Yorkshire but I feel, now and has been for last 10 days or so, severely selfish of me to go to a different area even if I didnít have to use public transport. I am finding it incredibly tough and lonely - not seen or spoken to anyone for 10 days and will probably be another few months to go. But I couldnít live with myself if I passed it on to one other person. Tough times and tough choices - not sure if there is a right or wrong - my family wanted me to ďcome homeĒ but for society I thought it wrong of me to move.

Oh and I donít FaceTime etc as I find that uncomfortable and I suffer from stress and anxiety already. Just WhatsApp chat etc but ensure I have a long daily walk along the Thames for my mental and physical health .
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, live in a small flat alone though I don't have another house I can escape to. And after being on annual leave this week my boss has rung and said he wants me back at work on Monday and it's 2 buses each way so lots of public transport. At least I'll have company there.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Rightly or wrongly, my 32 Yr old son is coming back to stay with us tomorrow, he split with his g/f before Christmas and now lives on his own, he hasn't been out at all in 2 weeks and neither have we, he might be grown up and far from the only one on his own, but I'm worried about him having no actual contact and how down he sounds,so he's coming home.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

If every single person in this country could go inside, lock the doors and stay there for at least a month this virus would be gone, but the truth is we can't, we need to shop, lots need to go to work and many of us need to take our daily exercise for our well being and mental health. OP if you think your DD is absolutely not coping mentally being where she is then having her come home is obviously a decision you need to consider - yes physically your family and her are safer if she stays where she is, but her mental health is also something you need to consider. I know what I would do.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

Mobile

We are missing your lovely photos! X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i would have to use extensive public transport as itís c125 miles away and i donít have a car in town

i do speak via whatsapp- sorry for not being clear . And ofcourse on here and has some amazing support from essex sue and collete-s and others which have been astounding. But physically seeing someone except building concierge and check out staff in supermarkets etc
😘😘😘😘😘😘
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

OP it sounds from what youíve said that you DD is suffering with her mental health over this. Anxiety around catching the virus by going out can be completely overwhelming. What if the takeaways decide to stop doing deliveries? How much food does she have in her house? What will happen when that runs out and sheís too frightened to go and get any more? If it were my child Iíd be up there today picking her up and bringing her home to be safe with me. You could isolate with your family for 14 days once sheís home and that way youíd not be risking the rest of your community. The only people you would be risking are your own family and Iíd be willing to take that risk to ensure my DDs safety. I canít believe there are people on here saying to leave this poor woman where she is to suffer alone just in case you get into trouble with the police! My families well-being would have to come first Iím afraid. I know we all have to play our part in keeping socially distant but I feel itís possible to care for the OPs DD and practice safe social distancing at the same time in this case.
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List