Notices

Old 29 Mar 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Length of lockdown

Dr Harries is asked whether lockdown measures will be in place for longer than three weeks.

She says: "The PM said he would review in three weeks. It would be foolish of us to start something one day and assume it's going to have an impact the next.

"Those measures have been in place solidly for a week or two. We need a couple of weeks to see that through."

Dr Harries says that it could be six months or longer before the country gets back to normal from the pandemic, with reviews of lockdown measures every three weeks.

The above is from Sky news following today's briefing that I've just watched.

My heart truly does go out to anyone who thought this would be a short term thing.

Xx

Ah. Another good excuse to put off starting the decorating. Need to pace myself.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Account Timed Out

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Ah. Another good excuse to put off starting the decorating. Need to pace myself.
That's what we have been doing. Spacing things out.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
That's what we have been doing. Spacing things out.
I am spending as much time in the "spacing" bit as I can get away with.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I agree. A daily statistic of deaths is pretty meaningless. What I'd wish they would announce is:

Daily deaths WITH Covid-19 (this is what they do now).
Daily deaths where Covid-19 is actually the main cause of death.
Daily deaths of other respiratory diseases/illnesses.
Daily number of excess deaths over what they would normally expect to see this time of year.
Why donít they do this so we can get the facts!
Old 29 Mar 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Account Timed Out

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
What they do during a pandemic is correlate as much information as they can. Then after it's all over they set up a team and go back over things and get true data. We wont know the proper results for a long time. Are numbers ever 100% accurate unfortunately not so a true number will never be known.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Apprentice Imagineer

2 weeks ago we had c800 confirmed cases across the whole country and the virus takes some 2-3 weeks to kill you if thatís whatís going to happen. So the figures for deaths at 200 today feels quite high in line with those initial tests.

We are now tracking 2500 cases per day and rising. Weíll likely hit 4 figures for deaths by the end of The coming week and itís daily total is doubling every 3-4 days so daily totals will hit 800 by end of next week and then like Italy it may plateau for a week than start to decrease.

They havenít built a 4,000 bed hospice at the excel centre for nothing. Rumours are once your on a ventilator they give you a 50-50 chance.

Edited at 09:30 PM.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
2 weeks ago we had c800 confirmed cases across the whole country and the virus takes some 2-3 weeks to kill you if thatís whatís going to happen. So the figures for deaths at 200 today feels quite high in line with those initial tests.

We are now tracking 2500 cases per day and rising. Weíll likely hit 4 figures for deaths by the end of next week and then like Italy it may plateau for a week than start to decrease.

They havenít built a 4,000 bed hospice at the excel centre for nothing.
But remember, the death numbers are often deaths WITH the virus. Not necessarily deaths FROM or related to the virus. The Italians reckon the numbers are 12% that are directly related to the virus. So that could reduce their numbers by a factor of 8 - nearly an order of magnitude less.
Old 29 Mar 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
I agree. A daily statistic of deaths is pretty meaningless. What I'd wish they would announce is:

Daily deaths WITH Covid-19 (this is what they do now).
Daily deaths where Covid-19 is actually the main cause of death.
Daily deaths of other respiratory diseases/illnesses.
Daily number of excess deaths over what they would normally expect to see this time of year.
This is what we have been saying at the hospital I work at. It would be really helpful to know how many people have died from the illness alone, how have died and tested positive AFTER passing away, and how many have died daily from other illnesses.

The hospital I work at have had 12 deaths related to Covid. But I would be interested to know how many of them had pre existing conditions.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Palm Tree Villa, Kissimmee - Aug 20 Covid CANCELLED

Windward Bay/Pop Century - Feb 2021 - Covid Cancelled
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
winterphoenix
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Because panic sells.
winterphoenix is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
But remember, the death numbers are often deaths WITH the virus. Not necessarily deaths FROM or related to the virus. The Italians reckon the numbers are 12% that are directly related to the virus. So that could reduce their numbers by a factor of 8 - nearly an order of magnitude less.
At the same time the uk is only testing those admitted to hospital and many are dying in their homes. They are also putting a number of deaths down to pneumonia instead of CV. If a person has underlying health conditions that were being managed and they does due to a combination with those and cv then I would class this as dying due to cc.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List