Notices

Old 29 Mar 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Account Timed Out

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
that's not actually what she said but if we have to then we have to in order to save lives.
I personally think it's like when Boris said 3 weeks, people through no fault of there own but emotionally cling onto the 3 week limit. Even though Boris said we will review in 3 weeks.

Again I have to disagree with you, Dr Jenny put things crystal clear today, I in all honesty think she may behind the scenes get in trouble for what she said today because that was Boris's place.

Dr Jenny did say basically it would be step by step until 6 months. We would work in a review system every 3 weeks then every 3 months.

It's the way of the NHS and public health to give information in chunks as this gives individuals time to adjust and adapt and of course to avoid mass panic/break down of society.

You can watch her saying this on catch up/sky news catch up/you tube etc.

Sully, I am aware the constant false information you give on the Dibb. In all honesty I have reported you for this frequently and nothing has been done.

Please don't give people on here false hope. Yes be realistic and give facts but not false hope.

I have cried too many times for the people on the Dibb and there innocence 💖

Admin I am begging you openly this time to stop posting false information 😪

Stay safe Dibbers much love 💖

Once again I apologise for being the mad one of the Dibb 😪

Edited at 09:08 PM.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

I doubt 6 months, otherwise there will be a massive rise in unemployment and people being made homeless as they will be unable to pay rents/mortgages, there would be a house price crash that won't be good, there is no country in the western world that can ride that out, I guess in 2 weeks we will be told stay in for another 3 weeks, hopefully end of April if things flatten out, people can start to think of work and getting to spend money. Let's face it, we will all be passed the bill for this in the next few years as taxes rise etc.
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I follow Govt medical experts but in my own mind I have mid June as when things will ease somewhat.
I like the sound of this...

With that estimation, could still be sitting by a pool enjoying the Florida sunshine this summer
unidentified is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Account Timed Out

Mobile

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
I doubt 6 months, otherwise there will be a massive rise in unemployment and people being made homeless as they will be unable to pay rents/mortgages, there would be a house price crash that won't be good, there is no country in the western world that can ride that out, I guess in 2 weeks we will be told stay in for another 3 weeks, hopefully end of April if things flatten out, people can start to think of work and getting to spend money. Let's face it, we will all be passed the bill for this in the next few years as taxes rise etc.

Do you honestly believe that?

We are in a war against a virus. This is the same as ww2 except no one is moving. This will take thousands of deaths/massive impact in all our lifes.

Do you people... please for the love of God, please realise and see what we are staring into the eye of...

Everything we know is gone and on hold. Money/bills/life/economy etc etc no one in Government cares it's about getting us through alive.

Sweet Jesus may God have mercy 😪
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

disneypars's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think that if everyone follows the advice given then we will have a better chance of getting through this.
Personally don't understand why some people are just ignoring this advice. It is not an extended holiday as some seem to think.
This will affect everyone irrespective of their current status in life. I don't think anyone will emerge unscathed either mentally, physically or financially.
We just need to stay as safe as we can.
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
VIP Dibber

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As long as we get through This and save as many lives as possible thatís all that matters. Yes Iím climbing the walls and have been doing online jigsaws and eating s#it and tik tok dancing with my daughter but oh well! If I make it to my sons wedding probably need a bigger dress and my dd bridesmaid dress is too big but sheís growing into it! Letís be nice to on another at this awful time and hope for the best while helping each other get through it xxx 💪👍🤞🙏
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

In one of the first updates Whitty said that the peak would last for over 3 months and that was without any flattening due to interventions. Depending on how much it has to be flattened to avoid overloading the NHS it will be some additional weeks before it is under control. So July would be the earliest.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Account Timed Out

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
In one of the first updates Whitty said that the peak would last for over 3 months and that was without any flattening due to interventions. Depending on how much it has to be flattened to avoid overloading the NHS it will be some additional weeks before it is under control. So July would be the earliest.
Yes but he also said things change daily and will be updated daily. as has all the Government and health top people in the government meetings. We haven't even entered the peak yet. In fact we are no where near the peak.
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Do you honestly believe that?

We are in a war against a virus. This is the same as ww2 except no one is moving. This will take thousands of deaths/massive impact in all our lifes.

Do you people... please for the love of God, please realise and see what we are staring into the eye of...

Everything we know is gone and on hold. Money/bills/life/economy etc etc no one in Government cares it's about getting us through alive.

Sweet Jesus may God have mercy 😪
honestly, I think you need to step away for a while - you are whipping yourself and possibly others into a state of hysteria.
Old 29 Mar 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
Imagineer

I think a lot will depend on testing. I still believe several people have already had this and once the figures are out we will have a much clearer picture of exactly where we are.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List