Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Picture says 1000 words ...
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by caj View Post

Picture says 1000 words ...
Don't I look young !
Old 23 Apr 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The first time walking down Main St was pretty special
When the kids were little and all dressed up we were asked by a cast member if we would like a special meeting with the princesses. We were brought back stage and the girls met 5 princesses. They danced with cinderella and got lots of photos on the memory maker it was amazing

Outside of Disney watching the shuttle take off in 2009 from a little beach near Kennedy was incredible
Old 23 Apr 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenLime
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine is a hideous travel story from my first trip as a child. I was 10, we travelled as a party of 7 with my 2 sisters, parents and 2 grandparents.
We had travelled abroad frequently but only on package holidays (and only ever from Cardiff airport ) and this was an independent booking. Three weeks before our departure date the airline went bust, my parents had days of turmoil where we nearly lost the whole (surprise) trip and our direct flights turned into indirect flights with a tight tight tight turnaround at JFK. Heathrow alone was an experience and our flight was late taking off so we landed late at jFK. My parents had not appreciated the wait at immigration not the sheer scale of JFK and we struggled to get through the airport.

With hindsight it was like a comedy sketch - my parents had a 4, 6 and 10 year old as well as my highly strung grandparents to navigate through this airport at breakneck speed with literally no idea whether or not the luggage was following us to Florida. My dad had to go through the scanner 4 times and almost ran off without his car keys 🤣. We got to the delta gate 5 mins after last call, literally as they were closing the gate. Stress levels literally hitting the roof for my poor parents .
However it was Easter Weekend and the gate lady had on Easter Bunny ears, gave the whinging kids chocolate and said “welcome to to your flight to Orlando, hope you have a magical trip”.
First time I saw my Dad cry 😂
HelenLime is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

The best memory was our first day ever in Florida in 2000, we done Animal Kingdom first thing, thought well that was ok, then went to WDW.. well..by the time we drove in the car park, then caught a train trolley to the riverboat stage I was thinking where in the world is this place called the Magic Kingdom... Then a trip across a lake on a Paddle Steamer (Robert E Lee if memory serves) with "Pluto" on board, that was MRS G hooked... then... walked into Main Street just as the "millennium" parade was coming down it, and I stood there mouth open (like a goldfish I was told) holding a video camera...fell in love with anything Florida... still have a look at the video every now and then.. roll on October !
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh this is a great thread loving all your stories ❤️
I too have so many outstanding memories but one that always springs to mind is from my daughter’s first time 2007, she was 4 and a massive Mary Poppins fan. We were in MK and her and I were riding the carousel when Mary Poppins appeared on the ride too! My daughter was so excited, an American ‘mom’ who was close to us with her small daughter heard my daughter just bursting with joy and went to tell Mary - resulting in Mary joining us and occupying the horse next to us on the carousel for the whole ride. It was just magical and a moment I shall never forget ❤️❤️
Old 24 Apr 21, 04:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

A question that often comes up on the dibb is "what is the youngest I can take my daughter / son to WDW and them enjoy it?"

There is no right answer to this but we first took my daughter when she was about 19 months old. One of the things I will remember about this trip was her uncontrollable excitement as the characters that had previous only been photos on her nursery wall came to life at WDW and she couldn't control her reactions - she loved it!

It was a very magical moment indeed.

She is now 22 years old and still has the Disney blood in her and will always be my little princess.

#SoppyGit

Edited at 04:18 AM.
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
School teacher
Very Serious Dibber

Loosing my parents in the magic kingdom car park. My husband, sister and I walked to the car, my parents wanted to take the tram. We waited AGES and more and more cars were leaving, it was getting soooo dark. In the end my husband went to look for them, now it was just my sister and I. It was now so dark and there seriously were no other cars in sight. After what felt like an eternity my parents and husband came past on a tram. My dad was soo angry accusing my sister and I of telling him the wrong parking lot (this was the old names Dopey etc). We protested but how come we are in the right parking lot and car then! We still talk about this today! X
School teacher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Apricota
slightly serious Dibber

Ok, hard to pick just one. Trip with my 13 year old twins. After watching the evening show at Studios, and waiting for my daughter to go tot the rest room. My son (aged 13) and I waltzed around the mostly empty area doing our best strictly. He completely forgot there were others there, it was wonderful and others stopped to watch. You couldn’t ‘buy’ that moment.
Apricota is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

In 2011 I joined my family for their Disney trip mid holiday. Never flown trans Atlantic before and was terrified of doing this on my own, driving to the airport that was ok, in the terminal I was overwhelmed at the Virgin Check in desk everyone in their red uniforms, was magic. Arriving at MCO, how do I get to the car park where they were waiting for me.

Of course I found it, there they were the kids (then 11 and 8) so excited to see me, it was wonderful. They were so excited to get me to the villa (they also had never had a villa before) They made me walk through the front door first and just waited for my reaction, through the great room, into the family room and there was our very own pool, backing on to a golf green. My god, it was stunning, nothing we had ever had on a holiday before and so quiet and private. Next day off to the Magic Kingdom my heart skipped a beat, it was wonderful and that is how the Magic started.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List