Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 13 Jun 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
Made the mistake of having a plant pizza. Tasted like vomit.
That’ll be the vegan cheese It takes a bit of getting used to and tastes better a month or two after not having any dairy.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
M&S was always a treat when I was growing .
I always popped in for treats when my kids were little too and then tried the odd meal dishes .
These days the M&S Foodhall is my local supermarket so I do shop there at least once a week.
The whole chickens are the best I’ve ever found for roasting and the sage stuffing is to die for
In fact I can definitely say that when DH and I are child dependent free I will be doing my whole weekly shop there
WIGGYSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I don’t think it’s as nice as it used to be personally. We never buy the Dine In deals any more because they’re always a bit meh.
However, the fruit and veg is always very nice and they do have the best pre-packed sandwiches. I met a friend for a little picnic in the park earlier so we stopped off at M&S first

Someone mentioned Cook! We love the chicken pie from there. The big one. We just cut it in half because the smaller version is just a casserole with a slab of pastry on top. Nowhere near as good

Edited at 06:30 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

We have a Waitrose and M&S a 10 min drive away, would deffo choose M&S every time. Love their food, especially the fizzy Percy pig tails 😍

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Had a look in a local M&S store yesterday and no Battenberg cake here

I remember ages ago (maybe 10-20 years ago?) M&S used to do fizzy lemon fish that I used to really like! Then they discontinued them. Then at some point a few years ago there was fizzy soda pop sweets that were great too, but I can't find them where I am. At least there are Percy pigs though!
Old 22 Jun 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I remember the fizzy fish, they were super sour!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List