Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 1 Jul 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#31
Egon
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 20
Location: Up Norf
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Definitely good prices to be had with BA atm. Add a hotel and only pay a deposit.
They were fantastic with us when everything was being cancelled. I had my money back with 24 hrs.

Only downside is no direct from Man, but hey Iíll drive to lhr for the savings and not having to fly with virgin!
The price includes a hotel! Stopping at the avanti on It'l drive, its such a good price! Ive used the shuttle out of manchester several times, and its a great service, i would highly recommend.

I cancelled with virgin but their prices are near on double which i just cannot justify, its the same with TUI. Virgin dont seem to have received the best rep over the last year, but their customer service with me was fantastic, I wouldnt hesitate to book with them again.
__________________
Orlando:-1997,1998,1999,2000x2,2001,2002,2003x4,2005,2006,2 007,2009,2010,2011x9,2012,2013x2,2014,2015x4,2016, 2017,2019,2020x3 Vegas 2016
NYC,2014,2015. The moon 2008. LA 2012,2014,2015
Back garden 2015x3,2016,2017,2018,2019x11,2020x9
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
#32
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Mobile

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Yeh, stuff the little people who are employed by them eh\/
So long as you can get your money you're allright jack, bet your job us safe because of all the little peoples taxes
It is not about Ďpull the ladder up Jackí.

Laws exist for good reason and are there for everybody.

I would also point out that when Thomas Cook were on their knees, Virgin were strident in their belief that the Government should not intervene in order to bail them out in any way and save the jobs involved. Market forces and all that. Perhaps Virgin jobs are more important than Thomas Cook jobs?

In truth, I regret any loss of jobs in any sector. I was made redundant myself, some years ago and it ainít nice.

Are you Richard Branson posting under a pseudonym?
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#33
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic
 
Join Date: Jul 07
Location: Cheshire

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Yeh, stuff the little people who are employed by them eh\/
So long as you can get your money you're allright jack, bet your job us safe because of all the little peoples taxes
Think your venom is misdirected. The staff are not the responsibility of the customer, they are the responsibility of the employer.
They are not charities
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#34
LLamb
Imagineer
 
LLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
The price includes a hotel! Stopping at the avanti on It'l drive, its such a good price! Ive used the shuttle out of manchester several times, and its a great service, i would highly recommend.

I cancelled with virgin but their prices are near on double which i just cannot justify, its the same with TUI. Virgin dont seem to have received the best rep over the last year, but their customer service with me was fantastic, I wouldnt hesitate to book with them again.
Fab, brillant price. Yes I was pleasantly surprised as was expecting the prices to be really expensive. I got 3a2c and cabana bay 7 nts family suite for £2900. So effectively the flights for circa £1800.
I may add on the flights down from Man
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#35
loves2plan
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Fab, brillant price. Yes I was pleasantly surprised as was expecting the prices to be really expensive. I got 3a2c and cabana bay 7 nts family suite for £2900. So effectively the flights for circa £1800.
I may add on the flights down from Man
Am I right in thinking that with a BA holiday, you still can't book more than a year in advance like you can with VH? I'm looking for September 2022.
__________________

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#36
LLamb
Imagineer
 
LLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Am I right in thinking that with a BA holiday, you still can't book more than a year in advance like you can with VH? I'm looking for September 2022.
Not quite itís something like 355 days so you will need to wait until around September/October this year.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#37
Egon
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 20
Location: Up Norf
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Fab, brillant price. Yes I was pleasantly surprised as was expecting the prices to be really expensive. I got 3a2c and cabana bay 7 nts family suite for £2900. So effectively the flights for circa £1800.
I may add on the flights down from Man
Thats a great price! we took the cheaper price and used the additional funds to book another holiday. I did want to try one of the disney hotels given how cheap the prices were but went against it.

im glad you have it sorted!
__________________
Orlando:-1997,1998,1999,2000x2,2001,2002,2003x4,2005,2006,2 007,2009,2010,2011x9,2012,2013x2,2014,2015x4,2016, 2017,2019,2020x3 Vegas 2016
NYC,2014,2015. The moon 2008. LA 2012,2014,2015
Back garden 2015x3,2016,2017,2018,2019x11,2020x9
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#38
LLamb
Imagineer
 
LLamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 14
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Thats a great price! we took the cheaper price and used the additional funds to book another holiday. I did want to try one of the disney hotels given how cheap the prices were but went against it.

im glad you have it sorted!
Thank you, yeah we are skipping Disney atm. Hopefully get there for 2023. But I have splashed out a bit with the Hard rock for two night in a rock star suite!
This is my replanned 40th trip.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#39
Egon
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 20
Location: Up Norf
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Thank you, yeah we are skipping Disney atm. Hopefully get there for 2023. But I have splashed out a bit with the Hard rock for two night in a rock star suite!
This is my replanned 40th trip.
That'll be fantastic! Our countdowns are pretty much identical!
__________________
Orlando:-1997,1998,1999,2000x2,2001,2002,2003x4,2005,2006,2 007,2009,2010,2011x9,2012,2013x2,2014,2015x4,2016, 2017,2019,2020x3 Vegas 2016
NYC,2014,2015. The moon 2008. LA 2012,2014,2015
Back garden 2015x3,2016,2017,2018,2019x11,2020x9
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#40
loves2plan
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jan 12
Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Not quite itís something like 355 days so you will need to wait until around September/October this year.
Thank you, I thought that was the case. I've got the Disney part booked directly, but we're also going to be spending a week at Cabana Bay, which I currently have booked with Travel Republic who offer free cancellation. So, I'll have a look at BA fligths with the CB stay once they're available later this year and see what comes up!
__________________

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Florida
On 4th September 7:52am
Walt Disney Travel Company is excited to announce the launch of its brand-new, star-studded podcast... Read More »
Posted in Busch gardens
On 23rd August 3:59pm
Today, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay announced that Iron Gwazi will open as North America’s tallest... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 19th August 8:17am
FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass services will be retired at Walt Disney World and Disneyland... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X