Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
lindasarahlou
slightly serious Dibber

I feel for you OP! We are currently decorating the living room and DH asked me to grab the karcher hoover and then proceeded to tell me where the on/off switch was! (like it wasn't actually obvious on the front!) He was lucky the nozzle wasn't shoved somewhere it shouldn't go! When I mentioned it later he said I shouldn't worry so much and just get over it! hmmmmm, if only I'd still had that nozzle in my hand!
90 Orlando/Clearwater; 92 Orlando/Daytona,Ft Laud, Keys, Everglades, Naples/Clearwater 95 Cedar Point, Niagara, Orlando 02 (now with kids!) DLP Santa Fe 04 Lindfields 07 Doral Woods/Daytona 500; 07 Sanctuary Westhaven; 10 Calabay Parc; 13 Highlands Reserve 15 DC, Smokies Coasters Cumbrian Lakes 16 Toronto Cedar Point Niagara + coasters 17 Highlands Reserve 18 NY 18 Vegas & Canyons 19 West Stonebridge 23 California Coasters
lindasarahlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I alway though mansplaining meant sitting with your legs open - well thats what we call it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mine actually gave me advice on mowing the lawn. 36 years together and he mowed our lawn in 1997 when when our son was born.
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I alway though mansplaining meant sitting with your legs open - well thats what we call it
No that is manspreading.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Not that is manspreading.
No wonder I get funny looks when i say it
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I was told to lock the car when we arrived at the shopping mall earlier. In fact I was monitored whilst I locked the car.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom View Post
Mine actually gave me advice on mowing the lawn. 36 years together and he mowed our lawn in 1997 when when our son was born.
We've been married 36 years in September. My DH mostly uses appliances only when they are new (i.e. only once!) and spends most of that time getting frustrated. I use that time to read the instruction manual and get it to work properly the first time.

Best one was when he needed to use the vacuum cleaner recently and thought the brush had got jammed. He looked on youtube and took it all apart and then reassembled it. When he told me it still wasn't rotating I asked him if he had the handle in the upright position as the brush is only meant to go round when the handle is angled. There was never anything wrong with it in the first place - just goes to show how much vacuuming he does.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DH always explains 1960’s pop music to me, especially who was in the bands. As the same age as him and grown up in the same town I was at the same gigs but clearly don’t know enough about them
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
Well he wasn’t a dick was he?

Oh wait a minute, yes he was
Not really sure how you can watch that video and think he was the one being a dick? It's clear this is a sexist term, there are plenty of non-gendered words to use for being patronising etc.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
Not really sure how you can watch that video and think he was the one being a dick? It's clear this is a sexist term, there are plenty of non-gendered words to use for being patronising etc.
Isn’t that the point? It’s about some male partners who feel the need to explain in detail every day jobs…

On another note, have you got a non gendered word for manspreading?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List