Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Guests no longer expected to socially distance according to reports. Makes sense given the increased capacity now.
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Glad you had a great time.

Can I ask how you managed to get tested at the arena and not the car park where we all experienced delays.

Great photos by the way.
I didn’t drive as we came over from Belfast. We walked into the arena for 1.00 PAT & it was very quick process. Hubby’s vaccination wasn’t showing on their system but I showed them his QR code saying approved so the fixed it, that was our only hold up of about 10 Mins. Then only 15 min wait on email for negative LFT. The bus should of been 5 mins drive but the roadworks held that up. We were on the ship for 2.45, which I was pleased with!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Guests no longer expected to socially distance according to reports. Makes sense given the increased capacity now.
Ooooh - do we know if they're still separating people at dinner? I'm going solo, not sure if I want company or not!
Old 21 Jul 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by assos View Post
Ooooh - do we know if they're still separating people at dinner? I'm going solo, not sure if I want company or not!
They are on current cruise yes so don't think they have got rid of it entirely like some people are claiming. Also they have not opened up new availability for the shows so again I think things haven't changed much at all. The official government rules do say 1m social distancing I believe and 50% capacity so I think there will still be some. No one I know on current cruise (know 3 groups) has noticed any differences since first cruise.
Old 21 Jul 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

I did notice increased restaurant capacity on our second night. 18/7 we ate at animators pallet and tables socially distanced. Night 2 at rapunzels all tables were seated.

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
They are on current cruise yes so don't think they have got rid of it entirely like some people are claiming. Also they have not opened up new availability for the shows so again I think things haven't changed much at all. The official government rules do say 1m social distancing I believe and 50% capacity so I think there will still be some. No one I know on current cruise (know 3 groups) has noticed any differences since first cruise.
Haven’t the 1m rules gone in England now? I thought that’s why nightclubs were able to open etc?
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Haven’t the 1m rules gone in England now? I thought that’s why nightclubs were able to open etc?
The ship can set its own rules. Many people booked precisely because of the restrictions and will not like the goalposts changing.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

In the UK yes but not for cruising industry. The rules for this are different. They are still having caps on capacity and other restrictions. Also your point is this is England based, and the Staycations are UK based. The rules are produced by the Cruising Association and the Cruise line itself based on not just England rules but other aspects too so it would not follow suite that if England changes the cruises will. They were devised with very strict rules to ensure that whatever happens in anywhere in the UK they can try and carry on sailing so I wouldn't expect to see many if any changes in response to England's changes. The capacity change means it can be higher capacity but that's probably going to be the only change for awhile. I don't think social distancing and mask wearing will go any time soon.
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

The only social distancing we experienced on our staycation cruise from Liverpool was at the show, dining and shopping. Only one party per lift and masks inside.
No social distancing when boarding or elsewhere on the ship.
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We experienced social distancing in all indoor venues on our Liverpool cruise including bars, restaurants, lifts, theatre, cinema, nos allowed in shops, guest services Q etc. They even wouldn’t let us watch the show on deck unless we were socially distanced. The only areas where we didn’t experience it was when the crew weren’t in control like walking to our cabins in the narrow hallways, as we all arrived for food for our dinner seating. There were crew outside the toilets at busy times limiting the number of people. Considering I think they did very well without annoying us about it. There were only 980 of us on board though and I can see how this would get tricky in some areas the higher number of people onboard.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List