Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jul 21, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Never got to see it 😢
Our last trip was just before it’s debut 🤷🏻
What a shame!
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

There is a lot of talk that they have added a lot of extra projections along Main Street for the anniversary fireworks. So it makes a lot of sense that Disney would retire Happily Ever After now and replace it with a new show which makes use of all of the new projection capabilities.

On our last trip we never managed to get back to Magic Kingdom to actually watch the projections (having earlier watched the fireworks from behind the castle.) The loss of days due to Irma took away the opportunity... Was looking forward to finally seeing it in August, however I am sure whatever is coming as a replacement is going to be even more impressive.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Wasn't this announced a few weeks ago? Here's the thread about Happily Ever After ending:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk//forums/sh... php?t=1198738

There was some discussion as to whether the loss of HEA was just temporary and would be back in 18 months following the 50th Anniversary celebrations. But I think we could all guess that it was probably going to be permanent.

As for Epcot Forever, that was always meant to be a temporary thing to plug the gap between Illuminations ending and Disney getting Harmonious up and running. I think Epcot Forever was only supposed to last around 12 months.

Sadly, that means I will have missed both of them. I never got to see Happily Ever After nor Epcot Forever. But I'm sure the new nighttime shows will be equally as good so I'm looking forward to seeing them instead.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Wasn't this announced a few weeks ago? Here's the thread about Happily Ever After ending:

There was some discussion as to whether the loss of HEA was just temporary and would be back in 18 months following the 50th Anniversary celebrations. But I think we could all guess that it was probably going to be permanent.

As for Epcot Forever, that was always meant to be a temporary thing to plug the gap between Illuminations ending and Disney getting Harmonious up and running. I think Epcot Forever was only supposed to last around 12 months.

Sadly, that means I will have missed both of them. I never got to see Happily Ever After nor Epcot Forever. But I'm sure the new nighttime shows will be equally as good so I'm looking forward to seeing them instead.
The fact HEA would be replaced for the 50th was announced, but there was no indication that HEA wouldn't be returning until the update yesterday so a lot of people would have assumed it was a temporary switch. It's still a relatively new show so they could have kept running it after the 50th. Although when I saw it, even thogh I did like it, it felt like it was full of current/popular IP so could potentially date pretty quickly. It's also been pretty vague whether the MK show is a 50th specific celebration, or just happens to be debuting for the 50th. We shall see in a few months!

Epcot Forever was always meant to be a stop-gap until Harmonious was ready, so no surprise there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I'm really gutted about this (HEA that is) I loved the show and although I'm sure the replacement will be great I'll definitely be sad to not see it in real life again.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Our last trip was 2014 so we will have missed HEA and Epcot Forever.

Can’t wait for the new ones though.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

Yes at the thread title suggested it was stopping for 18 months, nobody knew it was a permanent thing until the announcement yesterday. I really hope the new show with projections will be just as good.

To be honest at this point I'd take anything just aslong as we can get there
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

I remember when Wishes went and everyone was up in arms until they saw it and was like “actually, I like this better” 😆
Sure this will be the case again.
I definitely liked HEA more than wishes , don’t think I saw Epcot forever, dodnt think it had been on long?
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We never saw Wishes but really loved HEA. I was so looking forward to seeing it again in April 2020 and am disappointed that it won't be back after anniversary celebrations. It feels like it's being retired prematurely, but as other have said, I hope its replacement is even better.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Happily ever after will always hold a special place in my heart. No one can take my memories!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List